1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Peeps what's your thoughts on this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person54, Jan 25, 2013.

1. person54

If you're in college what about your university LGBT group do you appreciate as a trans person and what are you not satisfied with. I really need to know this because of the following

So recently at my school there was an enormous debacle. A rad feminist had been allowed to post transphobic stuff on the groups facebook page for more than half a year now and she was challenged largely by myself and some by a few others. I specificly held the presdint specificly and the exec board accountable by questioning why they had handled this the way they had so far (inaction), called out their past decisions (or lack thereof) and commented on the exclusionary and transphobic nature of the group.

The group has reached a new record for popularity and this came right before the first meeting of the 2nd semester. Gobs of people saw this and heard about it my area, students, professors and allies of us that aren't even gay or trans like family of the LGBT community members know about this. It's such bad PR they are finally willing to listen to trans people instead of ignoring our complaints or refusal to attend when asked and the board/president are meeting with me on Sunday to discuss the concerns I have.

---------- Post added 25th Jan 2013 at 10:23 PM ----------

I'm creating a presentation inspired by the national LGBT task force's trans inclusion guide but I'd love to hear more trans people's opinions. If you know trans people and what their complaints or satisfactions are then feel free to share that as well.

#1 person54, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013