1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excessive smoking/drinking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lxlJDlxl, Jan 26, 2013.

1. lxlJDlxl

Do you find guys or girls who drink excessively and/or smoke too? Or are they a minus points?

To me, they are a minus points, I just cannot stand the smoke in my lungs, my head would start to ache.

2. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    What about the excessive drinking then? I agree with you about the smoking and probably on what you think about excessive drinking as well. I've noticed a phenemenon in the lgtb community that excessive drinking is considered part of the territority just my observation. I feel like this needs to change including myself. I'm going to counseling for my drinking problem and am glad I am.

3. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Minus points for me definitely, my eyes sting really bad and I start to cough from the smoke. I try to avoid being around smokers if I can.

4. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Definite negatives on both accounts for me.

5. lxlJDlxl

Yes, I somehow hate the outcome when somebody drinks excessively. Especially when they are all whiny when they are drunk, they just whine at my face like I am a small child.

And Good luck with your counseling! :slight_smile:

And it is also really bad to inhale a second-hand smoke too.

6. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I'm just tired of blacking out falling down stairs or confronting hetrosexuals about my sexual identity. The last time that happened that I was kicked out of two bars and now have inujuries of hate crimes and damages cause of it.

7. lxlJDlxl

So you are the talkative type when drunk. xD My friends not only told me but showed me that I am too, one time when they got me drunk and they recorded it. I just cried and cried all throughout the video and told them how I really felt about everything. It was embarrassing though.

8. Lewis

You guys would hate me. I do both of those very excessively!

9. worriedWardrobe

The smell of people who smoke a lot makes me feel sick, and alcohol pretty much ruined my childhood. So, they are absolute turn-offs for me

10. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I drink excessive amounts. I have no desire to smoke but I will in a social situation, so smoke doesn't really bother me, I actually kinda like the smell of it.

I know it sounds bad, but at the moment someone else who drinks a lot would probably be more compatible with me, so long as they are also happy-giggly type drunks and not depressed/whiny/angry drunks.

As for smoking, I don't really care either way, no points and none lost.

11. Bolin

No. It's actually a deal breaker for me. I had to endure a childhood of a drug addict father who was also an excessive smoker and alcoholic, so some of that stuff is triggering to me since he would get very dangerous toward my mother and me/my sister when he drank excessively or was high. I also hate the smell of smoke. I also refuse to be around anyone who does not have the self-control to control how much alcohol they put in their body. Based on my aforementioned experiences, it's an extreme put-off for me to be around drunk people.

12. MichaelB

I smoke and drink, so I can't really judge.

I'm not bothered even if I didn't do either activity. I don't do drugs for example and I wouldn't be bothered if my partner did, as long as it wasn't a habit but an occasional pleasure.

Not gunna lie I find the people who are like 'omg it's so disgusting why do you do it?! DON'T DO IT' to be negative points, to swing it around. I've always, always been a person that believed to let people do what ever they want, so I dislike the notion and band wagon that's going around that actively supports trying to prevent people from doing what they wanna do.

13. DanD

A few years ago I used to smoke, and until fairly recently I used to drink quite a lot too.
    What I got sick of, was the constant depression (not helped by drinking) and the lethargy all the time.

What I've learned is that if I do my best to eat healthy foods, and exercise a bit at home, it makes me think clearer and have far more energy. I don't want to be healthy to live longer, as my job is a dead end position and I have zero friends - although, that's another story in itself - I want to be healthy just to feel better within myself; the problem is trying to be positive when everything's so negative.

Sorry, kinda sidetracked a little then... I think smoking is a definite no no, but I don't mind people drinking, just not to excess.

14. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    My view is so different cause you see that I started drinking at age nine or so. I'm now almost twenty-seven years old with plenty under my belt. I'm sick sick and tried of mentally beating up on myself on my blackouts. Sometimes I wake up blacked out with blood all over me or on a Greyhound going across the countryside and can't remember anything. I also do lots of infedelity even though that has graciously quit over a year and a half ago.

I guess what I'm saying is that we all can't agree cause of age, experience, cultures, or whatever. I grew up with an alcoholic abusive father and my mother became a drug addict like my sister. I'm drained of partying like last time could have been the last time. I was laying in the side of the road in the left hand lane with a cigarette (fag) or whatever and not caring whether I'd get ran over or not. Tthat is when I realized that it has gone too far. Everyone has to reach that level or be six feet under or in rehab or hospital or whatever at some point just lucky that I caught myself early.

15. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I used to be really turned off by people who drink a lot/smoke/do drugs. I still am when it negatively affects their personality or life, but lately I'm more open to the idea. I'm not much of a drinker/don't smoke/don't do drugs myself, however I think I'd be open to drinking socially (rarely, not regularly for the sake of my health), and I wouldn't mind trying weed/some of the other less risky drugs (despite what school may say, LSD for example has no known overdose point, nor has any deaths been directly associated with it).

My philosophy now is that if you use a drug to supplement your life, not to replace it (i.e smoking weed every now and then for the novelty of the interesting experience vs being a stoner who smokes every day because you'd rather take the shortcut to feeling good), and if it's not particularly dangerous, then go ahead. I'm not necessarily advocating drugs, more of saying that I'm open to trying some as long as there aren't excessive risks. For example, believe it or not, caffeine is more addictive than weed or LSD. Heck, there is little to no withdrawal effects with LSD, whereas anyone who's tried to quit drinking 3 cups of coffee a day knows the hell that comes from that :O.

16. Divopix

Smoke what? hahaha. If you're talking cigs, then no, I don't like that. Weed I don't care.

Alcohol is fine as long as they aren't wasted all the time.

17. Acobi

Acobi Guest

ANY tobacco products are an instant no. There is just too much deleterious effects of smoking and chances of developing lung/esophagus cancers and also the smell of the smoke. I still do not understand why teens and young people still smoke today-it is really disheartening.

Same with excessive drinking (though harder to pin-point because normal consumption is ok and in college that is hard to distinguish). Again, way too many bad effects come from alcoholism that is just not worth it. Plus excessive drinking tends to bring about some personality differences and moods.

Neither of these are healthy and I would not be able to simply accept my partner doing either of these things.
    No smoking, drinking in moderation is the way to go.

18. RainbowMan

I drink on Saturday nights. Absent special situations, that's about it. When I do, I have a tendency to get drunk, but I know when to stop.

I'm fortunate (I guess....) to live in a very progressive city where smoking indoors is illegal. I don't like the smell of smoke, and I like being able to wear the same pair of jeans the next day. There are some areas where this "social progressiveness" is bad, though - the city has now declared war on soda! I mean smoking is one thing, but soda?!?!?! It just makes people fat and if that's what they want to do, let them go for it. Doesn't hurt me or anyone else (and I used to be one of those people that would consume excessive amounts of soda because I could...but now I won't consume *any* since I'm trying to be non-Mr. Fatso).

19. Brenny

Drinking some is fine by me. Getting drunk regularly... No. It makes people act completely different and immature. It isn't very respectable behavior. If you get drunk, sure. But going and drinking yourself sick every weekend just isn't healthy. Smoking is even worse. But people can do what they want to. I just wouldn't go for someone who was hooked on those things.

20. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.