1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much of yourself do you give to your partner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jan 26, 2013.

1. MerBear

someone told me to make this thread so i decided to do it.
    i personally gave my ex all i had left. My trust. I trusted to her to lead me ....I was blind...but i trusted her to make sure i didn't fall but in the end , i did but i guess for a reason.....trusting her was like someone took all the weight off my shoulders , like i could breathe again , i held in so much trust and never gave it to anyone and finally i gave it to her. i feel as if trust was who i really was....because when i would talk to her , i gave her the real me....my real feelings and it finally felt good to do that and it was all because i trusted her....once i trusted her , it's like everything else , i've been holding back came out as well

anyways that's my part., sorry if it was confusing and kind of cheesy

2. Kay

Kay Guest

I give 100% to my partner and she does the same. I have heard the statement love is a two way street. Love is 50-50. I don't believe either of those. I think love is one way and 100% and if you truly love you expect whatever they can give in return.It means you give and love and in turn they give and love and the relationship grows.

3. Crystal's Vaporeon

I give my boyfriend everything. I probably stress to much about our relationship and don't really show him how much he means to me but I trust him completely and would give him anything within my power.

4. GabrielTai

Trust is a very important part of any relationship, be it romantic or otherwise. If you don't trust your partner, then there's no point in being with them. However, trust is not something you should offer blindly. When I am with a woman, she has my full attention. I spoil her every chance I get, and she knows every day that I care for her, no matter how deep that affection may run. I don't believe that you have to be 100% in love with every person you date. Sometimes it's just nice to have a companion to share your time with. Whether a relationship lasts a few months, or a few years, I am always glad for the experience of it, even if it means heart-ache at the end. I've loved several times, always with the same amount of passion, but often in different ways. Love is never the same twice. You love each person you let into your heart differently than the last. And most people think that this means that you love this new person more. Not necessarily more. Just differently.

5. Given To Fly

Well, personally I don't really get crushes. It's all or nothing for me. There's someone kind of special in my life right now, and if it doesn't work out, it certainly won't be because I'm holding back :slight_smile:

6. jaysuss

I only give them probably 25% of me in a relationship for the first 2-3 months because who knows if you should really trust them anyway. They could be the type that shares it with the world and I don't want to be exposed like that.

7. FruitFly

It takes time for me to give my entire being to someone, it was something that frustrated an ex immensely as she was very much the type to fall quickly and deeply. I give 100% of myself, but not immediately. I prefer to develop a relationship over time, removing layers as time goes on rather than leaping head first into something.

I do not fall hard and fast, I fall slowly and carefully, taking care not to give all of myself for something that is basically a lust fuelled adventure with no long term potential.

8. Cecil

I have psychological damage so it's hard to give a person my all for a while. I have to get to know them and as I do I slowly open up to them. There are days when I just want to give them 100% but out of fear of being hurt I just can't. Some people said I'm a bit difficult in showing affection, especial cuddling or holding hands, but that's just how I start off. I have to fully trust a person before I leave myself open to them.

Sadly the last relationship ended because of this. So I do agree that relationships are a two way street but there are people out there who you need to give them time and understanding. They are probably just worried that they will just be used, abused, then dumped once they can't be used anymore.

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

If I had a partner, I'd most likely give her a lot of my all. Not fully in the beginning, but as the relationship goes on, the more I give.

10. June Cleaver

Being a housewife I give 110% to him. While he spends his day at work for us, I spend my day making our home ready for his return. I love to cook him big meals, bake him treats, and most of all see his face first thing in the morning, and last thing before bed. I enjoy every chore and almost always have a smile on my face and when I don't all I have to do is think of him and it's back! I could never give less to someone who gives so much! I love you J.!!! June

11. Cecil

That sound like you hit the dream!

I could never be the housewife. Not that wouldn't have fun I actually would but I could never stay home. I have to be active in a job and socializing with friends or co-workers once in a while. While I could take care of the house (except for the bathroom!) I am just an active person who has a little too much energy at times. While taking care of the one you love is indeed romantic and fullfilling I just got to have a job! And sadly art is a very full time job.

12. June Cleaver

I have very little extra time durring the work week. I get up at 4:30AM and start my day. Yes I fineally have found the man I have waited for my whole life. It took me to 40 to find him, and he lived one house away for 6 years prior. I believe in God and Karma! We grow closer every day and he has overlooked one big thing! I still am stuck in this 40yo male body, but he loves me anyway.... June

13. Cecil

Yay! Another early bird! People look at me weird when I tell them I'm a college student that gets up at 4am. Actually I wake up at 3:30 sometimes but don't get OUT of bed till 4am.

Wow!! He lived that close to you! I would indeed say that was good karma! Was he a friendly neighbor until you two became soulmates? Sorry if I make you uncomfortable but I'm a helpless romantic and I hate to admit that.

See I'm actually not looking for anyone right now. I have so many goals in life I want to accomplish and I don't want to be tied down just yet. Plus I still have some things I need to face about myself that I suffered through for most of my life I need to fix first. My first and last relationship suffered because of it and it lasted a mere two weeks.

I actually wouldn't change what Happend because she ended finding the love of her life and I ended up changing by leaps and bounds. But I wouldn't want to go through it again.

14. putra perkasa

Out Status:
    A few people
    For me, my ex is my true love (at least until now), so yeah, I give him what a true love should get... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. June Cleaver

I was afraid he would beat me up. My now ex bf told me his childhood friend we will call J. moved in up the street and told me he was homophobic and violent. He does a labor intensive job so he is really bulky looking. His arms are bigger than my thighs without pumping it up. so he looks strong and is 32yo and quite handsome and is straight. Well I reposted a chain letter on Craigs list that said the love of my life would think of me at midnight that night and I would be suprised the next day at 1:00 to 4:40. Well I was taking the trash out and up my drive he walked and it was exactly 1:00 the next day. We sat on the portch swing for hours talking when he said he had seen me years earlier and had thought then my ex had done well getting me and thought I had a nice ass. Well I freaked and changed the subject to would you like a drink? When I went into the kitchen the stove clock said 4:41. The CL chain letter was called "I still love you" and I reposted it in Tampa Fl in the personalls area around Nov 30 just before midnight. The rest is history and I make him happier than any woman he has been with so he says and none even come close in the kitchen and other things. He says I am 100% on my game. I have never been this happy in my 40 years ever. He wants a housewife and I am just that so it works well. He hit my whole man check list plus values, plus looks great too. He is the first I ever met to do that. The sweetest man ever, and I am so thankfull!

16. Cecil

OMG that's awsome!!! ( squeals like a girl) Dang it I hate squealing since I'm a tomboy but I could not help it! I happy that you found your soulmate, and such a romantic story!!! How long have you two been together?

Arms bigger as your thighs! O.0 Heck I would have been scared too!!!

17. June Cleaver

Only a couple months now, but it seems like we have known eachother a lifetime. He talks about things years off that we will do as a couple like we have always been. I had lost 2 partners due to death back in the 90's. With one of them life was close to what I have now and I was crushed when he died on the job. Now that was back in 96. I also hear my first partner is also dead too. I had given-up just before the day he came to me. I am embarrised to admit I tried to kill myself. Lucky for us I used a shopvac hose and Volvo uses a serious catalitic converter system which melted it. I woke up with a bad hangover. This is a country house on 8 acres so nobody could have caught me. When it did not work I thought I must still be needed here and I started looking online and then I opened the chain letter "I still love you" which must have been sent by God I think. I will tell you a more strange thing about us. We were both born in Tampa. I was raised there and he was brought here as a child. I got lost oneday and saw this house for sale and fell in love with it at first site and bought it 7 years ago. Had that not happened I would never have looked at houses here. He is my soulmate and we could not find eachother because of miles, but we were brought back in eachother's path. I have never in my 40 years been this connected with a soul not even a family member. I have always been a housewife and he has always wanted one. I am so amazed he overlooks this 40yo male body. He is my 5th partner. If it can happen for me than everybody must have one out there! June

18. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l wish l could say l'd been with someone that l would have even given all of myself to yet. l hate that about my straight relationships, it kind of feels like they weren't valid in that l don't even know how l act in relationships because that person wasn't even me u__u

But l have a similar kind of feeling toward very close friends. Basically l will give you all of me until l have reason to believe it's not the best match.

In such case l will disappear into the sunset, never to be seen again xD

19. Cecil

Wow! Just wow! Not even a romance novel can top your story. I feel for you in your loss and your almost subside but I am very happy that your still with us!! I almost killed myself a few times, mostly out of depression and abuse but I'm lucky I never did anything.

I think you may have indeed found your soulmate as well! I hope I may be as lucky one day to find whoever I'm meant to be with. Thank you for sharing your story! It gives me hope :kiss:

20. leer

I gave way to much in my last relationship more than 100% my part anyway .So obviously when the inevitable break up happened it sort of drained allot out of me .
    I`ve learned now even dating .