1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullying. Effect you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cecil, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Cecil

I have a question I promise, just give me a sec to explain ok!

So growing up I was constantly bullied, physically and mentally. Mostly due to the fact that I was heavier and just downright different than they were. I like both guys and girls but I never showed it. But none the less I was bullied for everything else.

Now years later I moved to a completely different state and I am not bullied. So when someone did try to call me fat I just said 'Aww, thank you!' Bullying really has no effect on me anymore. Sure it may sting but it's just words coming out of a bitter person trying to feel more important than they are. They are not worth my time and quite frankly I don't care what a person thinks of me negatively.

So now to the question, if you were bullied when you were young and now today someone called you a name that is unpleasant would it effect you?

2. Divopix

If someone called me gay, like they did in 7th grade, I would wink at them and ask for their number.

3. GabrielTai

I was bullied since pre-K. All through elementary and middle school. By the time I got to high school I just didn't even care anymore. Someone looks me in the eye and calls me a name, and there are a lot of different ways that I react, but I'm never genuinely angry. Sometimes I pretend to be angry just to screw with people. But I couldn't care less what they think of me.

4. :roflmao: :eusa_clap :thumbsup:

5. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In that case, I'm calling you gay right now :thumbsup:

6. Cecil

OMG!!! Why didn't I think of that!!!:roflmao:

7. Divopix

Funny :wink:

8. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I was only bullied verbally, but it was never too bad, just the nature of middle school. It never affected me, I just returned the favor. Now that I think about it, I probably should not have done that since it could have easily resulted in my own physical pain, but whatever, that never happened.

9. Divopix

Although in 7th grade I thought that was the most offensive thing anyone could say! Now though, I'd take it as an opportunity to freak some homophobic pricks out :wink:

10. x Wallflower x

I was constantly verbally bullied because i never tried to fit in by getting wasted every weekend like all the other girls and i was shy and blushed alot (still do i hate it) which is stupid but looking back im glad i never changed and all i think of them is how pathetic they were for picking on me bacuse i never had the courage to fight back.

11. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

I'm a bit thankfull to the bullies I had when I was in Middle School, it made me see the world differently and get along with the guys in my class (because most of my bullies were jealous girls - in my friends words) and these guys are my friends since then and I can count on them for practically anything.
    Bullying only get worse when you react negatively. If you play along, it will quickly fade (and if it doesn't, it's time to seek for help)

12. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

In eighth grade I was at a new school and hung out with mostly 7th grade boys. My whole life I've always just been one of the guys, but there were a few guys that harassed me all the time, in class, at soccer practice (I played on the boys team). In the past I didn't have any luck telling an adult, they never believed me. One day I'd had enough, one of the boys was giving my crap about the way I dressed and how I was always with the guys. I started a fist fight, and won. Not the best way to deal with things,:eusa_naug but he never bothered me again and they all respected me after that. Now when people say degrading/rude/disrespectful things to me I either try and shrug it off or I give some sassy comment back. It still hurts, but I know better than to pick a fight.

13. Divopix

Contrary to popular belief, punching someone in the face is indeed the best way to stop bullying, so I've learned :thumbsup:

14. Xochipilli

I was fortunate as far as bullying goes. Yeah, sometimes things were said to me, but it wasn't really a constant thing. I was always quiet so I think people mostly forgot I was even around. Now I'm kind of the same unfortunately, but I'm better about deflecting stuff. And if things get really rough, someone's face will meet concrete and it sure as hell won't be mine :wink:
    Even though violence is not the answer guys xD!

15. Rivers

Last year, I was still in the closet, and I got a lot of shit from these girls that suspected I was gay. Now, I treat any and all hate with a light heart. Sometimes people tell me, "You dress like a weirdo," so I smile and say, "That's the look I was going for."

16. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Hahaha, so said my parents. "If they hit you, hit them back. If they insult you, insult them back." But I was too shy, small and afraid to do that. In the end, I didn't have too.
    I was very lucky because when I had a similar problem, the guys themselves would cut this other guy harrassing me. Most of my friends saw me as a sister and I guess that because of it, most of girls were jealous as I could easily talk to any guy without flirting around. I felt and still feel very comfortable being one of the guys (unless I have a crush on one of them, but that's beside the point)

17. photoguy93

I'd most definitely be hurt. My personality makes me run from things. So, instead of making myself immune to things, I just don't think about them. You know?

So i'd be transferred to the time guys took water (jesus, I hope it was just water....) and threw it over the bathroom stall to get me.

One doesn't really forget that.

18. Eatthechildren

I was bullied from years six, to half way through year nine... At one point (Year eight) I was having boys follow me around, telling me to kill myself.
    I wished I was dead.

Things are so much better now :slight_smile: There's still A LOT of people who have a problem with me, but most people like me, and I'm not bothered by the dicks any more.

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I was teased a bit in middle and high school, but not because of my sexuality. The worst of it was when a few guys would walk up to me and call me ugly whenever they saw me, which affected me quite a lot, and still kinda does.

20. Cecil

Oh man that is bad! I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with that!!! (Tight hug)

I understand the running away. I'm not brave but I'm not willing to let someone get away with verbal name calling either. I am still scared to stand for myself if someone is being physically abusive since whenever I did try to stand up for myself it never ended well. I sometimes went home with bruises. The worst day I got spit in the face the guy got away with it. Just from trying to stand up for myself.

But thankfully it never stays like that. I know that if someone tried that I wouldn't let them get away with it today.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2013 at 05:50 PM ----------

Oh man. I worry if anyone picked on me in front of my friends!! They would probably kill the person!!! I'm not even joking, if the right friend was there it wouldn't end well. I wouldn't care about the bully I would care about what would happen to my friend afterwards!!