1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotional Episodes of crying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yogabear, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you guys and gals ever have a unpredictable feeling of wanting to cry out of no where? I have this happen to me like two times a week that I feel this way. For example, I read on Cnn that the Senior Senator from Iowa Mr Harkin is going to retire that immediately made my eyes tear up. Similar feelings happen cause of events, people, things, ideas, or random things that I don't actively think about. Sometimes it's so bad that I need to cradle my stuffed animals cause they can hear me cry.

It would feel nice knowing that I'm not the only one with this random event. Surely there are others and maybe this all relates with me being more sympathetic towards other peoples problems or something. I just have always felt more emotional than othr guys especially with stress. I just want to do somehting about these things like Mr Harkin cause he and Teddy Kennedy truly cared for the disabled community not unlik other politicians. Thank you so much for your experiences and sharing how you cope with your own episodes likeI do.

hugs,
    Peter

2. Cecil

Years ago I would have said yes but I more depressed about everything. Today I do feel sad about events on the news but I never had a crying episode. I try not to cry but it does happen theres no denying that.

Maybe you are a very sensitive person who reacts to things more passionately then most others. It's nothing to feel bad or ashamed about, it's who you are and you ARE a wonderful person Yogabear!

Maybe you need to find something once in a while though that makes you really happy and you can lose yourself in. Like music or art or even exersize? Because lets face it when we feel happy the world seems to follow suit.

3. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with you that your perseption is altering towards your direction in life. This phenemenon just is temporary not perminent at all. I'm usually not sad or depressed not cheery but not the middle. I over evaluate everything from what I say, do and think everyday cause I don't want to be misunderstood.

One of the hardest things for me to do is RELAX! I feel like I'm not blending in EC with my posts, yet I feel apart of the group. I feel that the LGTB group loves me but is apart of me. Its like being in a family with being the black sheep or whatever just not intuned with them yet. Do you think I'm over thinking again?

Oh my God,
    Peter

4. BearyBoo99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes this happens to me all the time.. I remember someone calling me a bitch and normally I walk away or fight back but I broke down and cried.... I think that with me it's the stress because there is no other explaination......

But don't worry your not the only one :slight_smile:

5. Cecil

I think everyone worries about bring misunderstood. But remember there are lots of others who are a black sheep in their world too. What helps is to remember that your not the only black sheep, many of us are. And in some cases we are a rainbow sheep (wink).

Well I think you need a spa day my friend! For I do agree, relaxing can be hard but not during a spa day! I'm not a girly girl but curse me if I didn't agree that going to the spa, at least once in your life, wasn't relaxing!

And as far as over thinking, maybe. But sometimes just letting the chips fall where they may can be the best thing once in a while. It's good to think about things and asking questions, but don't let it stop you from having a good life! Like everything else it just takes practice and experimenting to better yourself.

Lots of love
    Cecil

6. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never used to cry, but lately I've been having so much to deal with I can't help but falling apart like once or twice a week. It's not about small things, though. I don't overthink a lot like you say you do.

I hate crying, though, I just can't deal with it for some reason. So I just drink and take any other substance that could help -- which is pretty much anything -- until I stop feeling anything at all and fall asleep. Not healthy, but I don't know what else to do about it. I just hate crying, I think it's scary somehow.. like I'm losing control. That's actually the first time I've said that.

Anyway, I'm sure you're not alone. Everyone cries, it's only natural. And there's nothing wrong with it. As long as it's not every day then you're fine. :slight_smile:

7. Cecil

Don't fight back crying! Yes it sucks and it's annoying but it's our natural stress releaser! Drinking only makes things worse and hurts the body. If you feel like you just can't handle things then try exersize or boxing even to try and destress. Even punching a pillow helps.

I can't drink nor do I dare try. Hate the taste and I just don't have the stomach for it.

8. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I cry, I feel release from my body. Its an out poring of my inner feelings that had been supressed at thattime. My delimma isn't that I don't like crying so much as the randomness and another part of my brain turns on that I didn't even know I had. Usually I use my logical circuits no my emotional side as much not the case when crying.

Yes, I've never been to a full fledged spa really. I mean I got a hot stone massauge on a cruise once (not sure if that counts). I know I need to repolish my nails with my clear polish! Maybe use my massauger device a little as well!

9. FollowtheFreeman

Nope. The only time I'll ever cry is when I watch a movie with a sad/happy ending. Like Les Misearbles. Almost broke down watching that. The only reason why I didn't was because I was watching it with a friend and neither one of us was willing to cry in front of the other.

10. Cecil

Massage, oh how I need one!! I massage my friends shoulders to help them out but I am too embarrassed to ask for one.

I paint my nails orange. Then just let it peel away...I do need to stop doing that.

11. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if you ever get into cruises there is hot stone massages. The Carnival Cruise that I went on that they discounted it to $150.00 for an hour long session. Normal massages are good though especially with mineral oil or whatever. The massager person had massage liquid but can't remember its name off the top of my head.