1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this kind of shit really ticks me off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jan 26, 2013.

1. MerBear

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya I don't get why this is even slightly tolerated >.>

3. MerBear

right? it's abusing your right as cops.

4. BearyBoo99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    WTF?! Who does that!! That is so.... Ahh it pisses me off!

5. June Cleaver

We live in scary times and the days of protect and serve went out with the 50's. I personally am terrified of police officers. I have had a problem with one for a period of time and they do have absolute power. Now I know most are good. Just be carefull and keep your nose clean. Then you have nothing to worry about. June

6. ChandlerCurious

The abuse of power really has gotten out of control. (After all I live in AZ so if you don't know what I mean just google Sheriff Joe Arapio LOL!)

7. GabrielTai

I want to start by saying that I don't think it's RIGHT for cops to abuse their position and use unneccessary force like in this video. But I also understand that cops are people too. People hold them to a much higher standard than the rest of us like they're so different. "well, he's a cop. he should have better control." I hear that argument all the time and I'm torn about it. Because Cops are people too. They get stressed just like the rest of us, probably more so.

Would it change your perspective at all if that guy had shot and killed a child, and the police had been chasing him for an hour? What if the guy had shot and killed another police officer before he ran? We don't know what the person did, so it's really not fair of us to be making judgements based on a partial story. Out of context, yes, the police were in the wrong and I don't think they should have beaten that guy like that. And since we don't have the proper context, that's all the responses you're going to get to this.

8. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How for the love of cheesecakes can that be tolerated in this day and age

9. MerBear

it doesn't matter.....if the guy in on the ground tasered then hat gives cops the right to kick the guy over and over? he's not fighting back ....how about they just do their job and not abuse the system and no it wouldn't change my perspective.....because you know why? the guy is going to be punished and what's kicking the guy going to do? huh? yes it's going to release anger but it's not going to change what he did.... kicking him isn't going to make him say sorry sop honestly i don't see the point. yes they are human but believe me ...kicking a guy after he's been tasered and you've been chasing him for hours is not going to change anything....past or present

10. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Don't get me started on cops. After what those bastards have done to me I have lost respect for cops.

11. MerBear

yeah. same here. i never liked cops but somehow i want be one

12. GabrielTai

Like I said, I'm not trying to say that what they did is right. But people do wrong things all the time. Just because they're cops shouldn't make a difference to people. If a group of random strangers were to have tazed and beaten that guy, it would have been attributed to gang violence, or a hate crime, or some other thing like that. But people would have just accepted that those guys were assholes and moved on with their lives. But because the aggressors happen to be cops in this situation, it's suddenly a thousand times worse.

If you can tell me that if someone shot and killed your friend, the person you've spent every day with for years, that you wouldn't be angry and want to hurt them, then I have a lot of respect for you as a person, because not even I am that restrained. And I'm a pretty reserved person. As stated previously, I'm not trying to say that anyone is wrong. I completely agree that they shouldn't have done that. But I also understand that they're human, and therefore prone to doing things they shouldn't. I'm not saying that kicking him is going to DO anything. And they probably know that somewhere in their minds too, but in a moment of anger, it's really easy to do something stupid that you'll regret later.

I dunno. I don't particularly like a lot of cops either, but stuff like this gets blown way out of proportion and people get all mad and bent out of shape about it. Bad things happen. That's just the way the world works. If you're going to get mad over every single story you see on the news or clip you see on youtube of people doing bad things to one another, you're going to be mad for most of your life.

Here. Watch Hannah Harto be cute and drunk instead :slight_smile:
    Advice from the Hart: Chapter 1 - YouTube

13. MerBear

what they did isn't going to change anything.....whether they are human or not....it isn't going to change anything. you need to be collective about the situation....you can't just go crazy about it....its like being a vet , when you put a animal down....you need to learn not to get over emotional about it.

they should be lucky he was running and not turned around , shooting at them
    they should be grateful they aren't dead like other cops.

14. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If you do become one then don't hurt anyone or take advantage of them.

15. MerBear

oh definitely not the advantage and i wont hurt them on purpose unless they start shooting

16. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Good to hear or shall I say read. LOL.

17. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Wow that's so messed up. It's sad that there a cops like this out there.

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is very similar to what happened in the Stanford Prison Experiment. That study showed that power warps people's minds very quickly. Some are immune, and some turn into corrupt bastards when given a badge.

19. MerBear

exactly and it's horrible because i understand on one end that its stressful and you get tired and angry but one the other ....you need to learn how to control the power you have. it's a privilege not a right. you can't abuse the system whenever you want. your their to protect people. whether or not....you personally like the guy or not....and whatever he did , if the guy has been tasered, he's on the ground not fighting back , you do not have any kind of right to kick the shit out of him. you arrest him and do your job ...do not override your power and even i know this but i do understand...power is a powerful thing and sometimes we get lost in it but ...you need to be mature about it....

your an adult now , act like it

20. Oothatsnice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tbh i kinda disagree with you. If hes broke the law he deserves all he gets. Theres to many do gooders in this world