1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't care much for labels.. but defining genderqueer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Live Love Smile, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know genderqueer people don't fit into 'traditonal' gender norms or don't identify with one sex. But for you guys on here, what do you identify as?

I'm interested in seeing responses since I'm sort of question my own gender identity at times. A few years ago I would have labeled myself 'gender neutral', not really associating with male or female. I don't recall why I started acting more 'girly' and I'd automatically associate myself with women but in a way had 'masculine' mannerisms (sorry to use 'girly' and 'masculine', just can't think of any other words at the moment). Though there have been a few times recently where I've caught my reflection in a mirror and didn't see a woman. Sometimes I would sort of identify as male, other times I don't know.

I love women, more so femmes with some curves. Biologically I'm a lesbian without a doubt, and I don't mind being called a woman.. but I don't know if it suits me at times?

Sorry for the ramble.:confused:

2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    u___u l'm confused. Are you asking the genderqueer people if they identify as male or female or asking all of us how we idenffiy gender wise?

lt's sort of an in between label, l guess. Or not. l'm a little confused, sometimes a trans person will just say genderqueer.

l really view myself as neither but l don't understand labeling something that doesn't exist.

So. it could be said l'm gender neutral but l'd rather preserve some of mystery., l suppose.

3. Eatthechildren

Currently I just like calling myself "Freak". A little controversial, since it's usually used in a dehumanising way, but I like the idea of reclamation...

I do identify as genderqueer. To me, genderqueer is when you don't identify within the binary as strictly "male" or "female". This could mean you identify as a little of both(Androgynous, two spirit etc), or neither (Agender, third gender, etc). Or that you have a gender that changes over time.

Personally, I find my gender difficult to define. Especially since it has a fluid element to it. The labels I feel the most comfortable with are:
    Boi
    Freak
    Boygirl
    Demigirl
    Genderqueer
    Genderfuck
    Genderfluid
    .... Freak is my favourite for now though :lol: