1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any gay muslims/raised-as-muslims here??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hello1992, Jan 27, 2013.

?

Muslim and out-status

1. Muslim, can't/won't come out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Muslim, unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Muslim, i am out

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Raised as Muslim, can't/won't come out

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. Raised as Muslim, unsure

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Raised as Muslim, i am out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hello1992

Hey guys,

Just curious. Have any of you come out? Do any of you consider coming out/not coming out?

I feel so lost, i don't know what to do. I was raised as a muslim but dont practice. The major thing thats stopping me form coming out are the fact that my parents are muslim. I wouldn't say its religion per-se that would mostly make it difficult, but mainly their background. My mum may eventually be fine with it, but my dad wont be (he once was very clear on his thoughts of gays). And once the extended family gets involved, then my mum would be under pressure.

I love my family but i feel that coming out would ruin everything. I'm not particularly close to either parents but i just dont like the idea of the one causing so much problems. I also find myself.

I also am now finding myself re-evaluating my own position on Islam. Not gonna lie, Islamd and homosexuality has surprisingly been plaguing my mind more so even though i never practiced.

Do any of you feel the same way?

If any of you have come out/planning to, how did it go / how are you going to do it?

-i know of of you might not want to post publicly, but i want to know more about what others are experiencing so feel free to message me if you want to...

#1 hello1992, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. Sittingducks

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    all I can say and as cliche as it may sound it does get better. from what you have written I feel like you are still in the process of accepting yourself. as you become more and more comfortable with your sexual orientation you start to think less of what people might think about you.(although it may not always be the case but generally speaking) i know parents can be tricky to come out to especially muslim parents but at the end of the day you need to be true to yourself. I understand this first hand. Im a muslim lesbian and for years i denied the truth which almost cost me my life and certainly happiness for years. If you dont tell someone chances are you will be very miserable and may end up doing something tragically drastic. start somewhere small. tell a friend, cousin or mention it some acquaintance. get comfortable with saying "I'm gay" out loud.

And on the topic of islam and homosexuality i feel the same way you do. Its difficult especially because there is a lack of spaces where both can merge. I dont know i m still struggling with it. I run away from anything thats religious so ye lemme know how you deal with it

#2 Sittingducks, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013