1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

face moisturizer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ameliawesome, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ameliawesome

i really dislike cosmetics, i don't like having stuff on my face. but in the winter my skin gets so dry and my face really hates that. can anyone recommend a good facial moisturizer? the more natural, the better. i tried some of my mom's cocoa butter stuff from lush, and some of her oil of olay anti-aging stuff, mainly to be sure they wouldn't irritate my face. it's too soon to say whether or not they actually help the dryness, so i'm still very much open to suggestions.

2. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I hate having stuff on my face too! I only use light, natural stuff. During the winter my skin gets wayy to dry so I use Murad Face Moisturizer. You can't even tell it's on because it's so light. It really helps with dry skin and prevents peeling. Hope this helps!

3. Tiny Catastrophe

Honestly I use baby lotion for my face and body and it works really great.

4. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I use shea and cocoa butter along with a milk mask for my face. I have extremely dry/genetically tanned skin, so these leave me with smoother and paler skin. My milk mask is just 1 part milk and two parts flour.

5. Yui

Yui

Look at the list of ingredients and get something with Sodium Hyaluronate (a mineral salt derivate that attracts and retains one thousand times its own weight in water from moisture in the air). You can get that in pretty concentrated forms, I've bought ampullae with a sodium hyaluronate concentrate when I was in Germany last month - works wonders! :slight_smile:

6. photoguy93

I'm not 100 percent sure what it would do with the face, but my friend uses Coconut Oil all over her body. Seriously - go to the health food store (or even your grocery store) and buy some coconut oil. It looks like lard, but even celebrities have said it keeps their skin super soft. It's food grade, so it can't mess up your skin!

7. Alexander69

Try Clinique lotions they work well. Also LancĂ´me and other brands

8. redstormrising

when i switched to using goat milk soap, i actually stopped having to use lotion in the winter. Goat Milk Stuff LLC their sugar scrubbies are the best, i love the pink sugary scent and it makes my skin super soft

9. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had really good luck with Aveda botanical kinetics hydrating lotion. It is light and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause me to break out. I tried cocoa butter like you but it led to terrifying amounts of acne on a previously clear face. Aveda is a really naturally derived brand too if that is something you look for.

10. photoguy93

You use Goat's Milk Soap? i've recently switched to it! I love it. Ever heard of/used Zum Bar Soaps by Indigo Wild??

11. redstormrising

i haven't ventured into other brands because I am so happy with the one I am using, and each bar lasts quite a long time. I have probably half a dozen different scents, plus the sugar scrubs. lol i've also gotten my partner and a few friends hooked on it too.