1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kelsey, Jan 28, 2013.

1. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    do you guys think that tattoos can hold a person back from love? i have several large tattoos a quarter sleeve and a side piece that arnt in everyones particular taste and it just happened to cross my mind if that holds people back from love. thoughts?

2. Motov

Skin art or not skin art, that's not important, what is important is the inside of that person.
    If he/she is tattooed they are just a tad more colorful on the outside, I have a tattoo on my back, It was a gift from a friend, I like it because it reminds me of this special person who was in my life, and it is something that is permanent. cannot get broken or lost.
    Something symbolic of our friendship.

3. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    No, would never ever have a tat for anybody or anything! I played with the idea in my head just decided not worth it. The risk and my paranoid nature of needles cancled that out right. I don't want the government or anybody knowing any physical markers either not that I'm a criminal just don't want to be controled someway.

4. Jim

Jim

I LOVE tattoos. I think they're gorgeous, and every story behind them means something, even if it's just like "I really like butterflies.."

I fall in love with people's personalities not their bodies. Tattoos don't bother me in that respect, unless it's a horribly done and badly placed, nasty tattoo, then I might doubt that person's personality, as they must have bad taste to get it haha

5. jp16

That's what i thought.:eusa_clap

6. MixedNutz

I think if someone would not love you because of your tattoos then would you truly want that person in your life to begin with?

As a society we are brain washed to believe what is "normal", and to look down upon anything that's "not normal". The LGBT community usually embraces such people. So I don't believe it would hold you back from love, I believe it will help you find a truer non judgmental love.

7. FruitFly

If they do then I would question whether those who allow tattoos to be a deciding factor are people you would be comfortable with.

I know a few who refuse to date anyone with a tattoo, but it is no more of a barrier than people refusing to consider other love prospects based on such attributes. There are more than enough people who do not mind/actively like tattoos for them not to be a love barrier.