1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else feel inadequate in regardes to attractive men in our community?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BillCozby, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is mainly a question for gay/bi men but lesbians/bi women can also answer :slight_smile:.I dunno i feel so not handsome compared to other hot and attractive men in our community.Maybe because im out of shape and alot of the guys in the community are fit and handsome but idk..is it just me?

2. AngryKat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same way. I suppose, unless you're a narcissist, you're going to see people you think are more attractive than you are. This stands for both our community and the worls in general. But just remember, somewhere out in the world, someone is masturbating to a picture of you :slight_smile:

3. Oothatsnice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel the same way :/ your not alone

4. Jordz

:eek: How'd they get the pic in the first place :lol:

5. Lewis

Yeah, sometimes. I hate seeing cute gay couples that both look almost perfect and thinking 'that will never be me...'

6. Eatthechildren

I know this is mainly Gay/Bi orientated, but I feel really inadequate to a lot of the genderqueer community. Most people are skinny FAAB people who can pass really well as male or female... And I'm this pear shaped... Thing that always looks like a girl :frowning2:

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    sometimes l do feel like they are stealing my thunder :wink:

8. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know I just don't meassure up to most guys. I know I need some work, that I'm not really that bad. I just want better. More. And what really gets me is when a guy tells me I'm cute or when they flirt with me. I always think they're crazy or just messing with me. =\

9. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    omg exactlyyyyy i feel the same!!

10. June Cleaver

What is it with gay guys? I am trans M to F. Gay Guys won't give me the time of day. To date I have never been with one. It is as if I am a total dog. When I was single it made me feel ugly. I get lots of attention from all other men thank God! June

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I feel that way constantly.

12. aeva

I totally understand what you mean and how you feel, but you have to keep in mind that every person is attracted to different things. Just because the stereotypical gay male (or even most gay males) looks a certain way or has certain attributes, that doesn't mean that everybody is looking for that in a partner. One of the great things about the gay community (especially for guys) are that there are sub-communities for those that have certain qualities, as well as those that are looking for those qualities in another. It may sound corny, but the right person will appreciate all you have to offer. Somebody that judges you on your appearance and chooses to not associate with you doesn't sound like the sort of person you should be with anyway.

There's also nothing wrong with using these feelings as motivation to better yourself, as long as it's in a healthy and productive way.

13. leer

am sure you are all really nice people and have qualities & looks the other people would kill for like maturity(&&&)

14. Thor85

Thor85 Guest

I totally worry about that all the time. I love what aeva said, that is exactly what I think. I am gorgeous and someday I will find an amazing person who thinks that also (&&&)

15. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I don't think there is objective attractiveness, just personal and cultural preferences, plus how much you can alter your appearance. There are biological preferences as well, but I hardly think that having an instinct gives you the right to believe or act on it. Having the instinct to fuck people all the time doesn't give me the right to go around raping people. Having the instinct to think of women w/ large breasts & small waists as attractive (which is because of fertility, NOT objective attractiveness) doesn't give me the right to tell women who don't fit the mold that they're ugly and should kill themselves. And people don't always even prefer that body type anyway.

16. leer

I have been out drinking in the gay area - village in Manchester and I see gay`s of all shapes and sizes so please trust me when I say you all have nothing to worry about ...

17. PurpleCrab

I guess I'm a bit on the narcissist side then because I believe that I'm just as good looking as the people I'm attracted to are, just in a different way.

18. Minamimoto_Fan

Yeah, I always kinda feel bad about myself. People always tell me I look fine, but I just have some issues with how I perceive myself. It's not like I'm not proud of how I look, but there's always that negative thought looming over my head.

19. Gerit

I know I'm not sexy by any means, but then again my ideal man isn't society's normal perception of male sexual appeal. I'd actually rather not have a man with an 8 pack and every inch of his body shaved.

20. Divopix

I agree on that part, I rather not have a really huge guy or a really skinny model looking girl.