1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members feel left out of EC because of their Race

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chamber of Life, Mar 4, 2008.

?

What race of guys or girls you're attracted to?

1. Attracted to any race

85 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Attracted to one race and one race only

17 vote(s)
    8.4%
  3. It depends

101 vote(s)
    49.8%
  1. Chamber of Life

I find something very interesting. This thread is inspired by the Secret Section discussions that caught my eye and interest. Well I was unaware that some of the members felt un - wanted and left out by the EC forum because of they’re race. Some feel that they aren’t looked at the same as some of the white members are. Like they aren’t “drooled” over because of they’re race no one is attracted to them.

The white members out way the other ethnic members which some ethnic members feel that no one is attracted to them because of they’re race. I don’t know if this is true because I’m a new member and I don’t really know the site yet. I know posting this is pushing the envelope and I don’t want to spark anything between members. I don’t think anyone is racist because you can’t help who you are attracted to. I feel if members feel this way it needs to be fixed ASAP. So….. What do members of EC think? Is it true?

2. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hmm, i can't speak for ANYONE else on EC but myself, and I would say that i am GENERALLY, more attracted to my own race. (GENERALLY) but i am still attracted to other races, and for me i dont decide who i like and who i dont it just happens.

But i would NEVER EVER, say someone is unnattractive because of their race. Ever.
    Its stupid.

But ya, i dont really know about anyone else, but my opinion is that race doesn't matter.
    So ya =D

I'm not trying to leave anyone out
    I <3 you all<3333333

3. iPieman

Attraction based on appearence just proves how shallow someone is.
    It's fine to identify someone as 'cute' or 'hot', but what I feel matters most is the person.

I'm always attracted to people because of their personality (my second boyfriend was a complete minger but was the nicest person in the world). I apply this to people outside my race as well.
    I'm white but am also attracted to people who aren't.

I hate that, in general, what it always comes down to is race. What is wrong with humanity?

4. Chamber of Life

I totally agree with you on this. I hate when everythin has to boyle down to race. I didnt do this thread on how different people are. I did it for the people that felt left out of EC. This thread they can see its not true on how the white or black or any ethnic group members only like they're race. I know that EC is not a close minded place and I wanted to prove that.

#4 Chamber of Life, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  5. sdc91

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty much only attracted to white guys.

That doesn't mean I won't be your friend, though. I can't help who I'm attracted to, but I'm open-minded about who I'm friends with.

6. Chamber of Life

No and that doesnt make you a close minded person. It make you human.

7. Beebo

I think that its very true, and I feel like sort of a jerk for saying it, but I am more attracted to some races than others.

I think that having a place where u feel safe and loved is the most important thing. Chamber of Life, you are very correct when you say that the Caucasian population on EC is bigger than most others.

I can see how this might cause a problem... and honestly I wish it wasnt true, but I think that most people do in fact have an affinity towards their own race. And since there are so many more white people... I can see how people of other races would feel somewhat left out.

I think its very important that you raised this issue, and I think that maybe its good to open everyones eyes to the fact that people feel this way. (I didn't know this was happening, and I will be more cautious now.)

wanna know something interesting tho??? in the last couple weeks, I've started to become more attracted to people of other races... so maybe it was just some prejudice I had in my mind...

8. Paralyzer

Well, I'm confused on what I like really... I generally find myself attracted to white guys..... (nothing that I'm proud of) buttttt.. even though I'm gay, I'm attracted to black women.. does that make sense? o.0

My goodness..... Rhianna.. NewYork... wow.. (and some school experiences)
    Come to think of it.. I haven't noticed any black women on EC..

9. Doglover

Well, I'm more attracted to White men, but I can be attracted to anyone depending on how they act, and their personality. I don't care who my friends are though, just depending if they aren't "gangsters" (i hate when people act like that), and how they act.

10. ok455

Im black I'm attracted to whites and Hispanic guys. Some black guys are cute but im not attracted to them.

And im not hott so why would i be picky about looks?

#10 ok455, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  11. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm white and I'm very often attracted to minority races, especially Latinos and Asians. That's the way it is.

12. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not white (Pakistani), but I personally prefer white guys. I have no idea why.

Though I think some South Asian guys are cute too...

13. dictionary

Im am usaly just atracted to the same race....

I hope your not calling this racisim...

i think there was an old previous thread on this or a similar issue...

14. Micah

I'm sorry that you feel excluded for this reason, but keep in mind that Empty Closets is not a place for guys to be "drooled over" or for members to 'pick up'.

How exactly would you propose we "fix" this? =]

15. Kimi

Exactly!! Shame on you. people who drooled over on members on here!!!!...*Kimi feels ashamed somehow*

I don't know why they would feel left out on here. Because we don't have race info on our profiles so there is no way you are avoided by the race. If they decided to post a pic of them and only because they didn't get compliments, they feel left out, that's ridiculous. I'm asian, and I say that on my profile and I post pics, I have to say, I do feel disadvantage in some way because of race but it does not do anything with feeling left out.

I think that's only people who blames everything they find unpleasant on their race.
    Asian does, black does, latin does. Pretty much every race other than white does that. Not all of them but some.

I don't under why you are minority if you are not white tho:rolleyes:

16. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Eurasian (quarter chinese), I'm mostly attracted to white/tanned people, but if I did get attracted to a black person, I'd have no issues with it. It's not one's skin colour / race that matters. Just like love rules gender, love rules race as well.

17. Steam Giant

I agree. I've posted pictures of myself. Nobody's complimented me, obviously "drooled over" me or anything of that nature. But do I feel left out? Absolutely not! If this were a dating site, then sure, I think I would, but EC is very different from what many people are used to. If someone is here for the express purpose of being drooled over, or because they want to hook up with someone, they should look into joining a different forum - that's not what EC is about.

18. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg people actually do that? They should join an actual flirting website, not EC.

19. davo-man

I'm attracted to all races, without preference. As stated above (I think) people have different preferences, for instance some people are mainly attracted to white guys, or black guys etc, but I'm honestly don't mind any way.

20. JSG

JSG Guest

As long as I like the person, what difference does the color of his skin make?
    I'll never understand rascism...