1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling depressed and wanting to drink till I drop

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Idk why like I don't have depression it's not depression I guess I just need to get away go in vacation I hate livening in Vancouver I mean I love it but I HATE the stupid ass weather here I hate it I hate it I hate it! I want sun AND HOT WEATHER I want to be able to go I English bay and just lay in the warm sun and go in the freezing water! I want to go RIGHT Now to Jamaica or Mexico or the Bahamas! I NEED AND I MEAN I NEED THE SUN! I have a sun lamp but its not the same YES I went out and got a sun lamp a year ago because we lack the sun out here! I need a nice sandy beach not our rocky beaches!!! Ugh I am going to move and be a permavacationer someone who lives in the resorts! UGH I just want to fucking drink till I drop! I'm so sick of no sun I want to have margaritas and piña coladas on a hot sandy beach under palm trees laying on a hammock with a hot shirtless (or nude) hunk fanning me with leaves :frowning2: ugh life why are you so cruel to me!

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2013 at 02:42 AM ----------

I'm going to drink now because I can't sleep and I'm bored and I'm tired and I'm sad and I'm fucking wanting sun!

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    go for it

3. sanguine

dont really like hot weather, prefer cold anyday

4. FJ Cruiser

I suppose use of narcotics is one way to cope with not having exactly what you want.

5. lxlJDlxl

You will come to dislike the scorching heat of the sun once you are overexposed to it.

#5 lxlJDlxl, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  6. BudderMC

You can feel depressed without being chronically, clinically "depressed", you know. Particularly around this time of year when things like Seasonal Affective Disorder are going around.

You talk a lot about wanting exposure to the sun. There are some therapeutic lamps and things you can get that help mimic that effect. Have you considered getting one of those?

7. Motov

I've heard Seattle/Vancouver area has a high rate of suicide probably due to the predominant gray weather. Perhaps you should move to a sunnier location?

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense, Alexander, but when you talk about "life being cruel to you" on the one breath, and talking about spending thousands of dollars on designer clothes, driving a new BMW, having a party for 200 people for your 17th birthday, paid for by your parents, not wanting to live in a house of less than 7000 sqft, and, most recently, vacationing in the tropics (while still claiming that your parents have "cut you off" financially) plus various other things... I have to tell you that you sound like an incredibly ungrateful, spoiled brat.

I know you're trying to change, so I'm not ripping on you. I'm simply trying to put things in context.

Many of the people on EC would be delighted to have the money to take a few days vacation that might cost a few hundred dollars. Others would be beyond ecstatic to have $100 to buy new clothes to last them for the next year. Still others would be happy to have parents that don't beat them every day. And there are millions of people in the world who would be happy to have a roof over their heads and a meal to eat every day.

So... the next time you talk about life being cruel to you... maybe you should think about that.

9. SkyDiver

Yup.

10. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup X2

11. Zontar

The Seasonal Affective Disorder thing is real, I get that tremendously. It's dark and grey and cold for months and I hate it so much. Sun lamps are bullshit though. The only real solution is to move where winter practically doesn't exist, and I hope to relocate closer to the equator someday to remedy this once and for all.

12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cold weather and lack of sunlight can definitely make a person feel depressed. Have you tried going outside more? Even if the sun isn't out it can sometimes help to be outdoors. Drinking alcohol won't solve anything if that's how you are trying to cope with sadness. When I moved home from a sunny place I felt like my world became much murkier because there was no sun to balance the cold weather.

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2013 at 03:12 PM ----------

You can be sad while being rich or whatnot. Money has no way of protecting you from hard times in life. Yes, having money can make a lot of things easier but we shouldn't police how people feel.

Maybe some people think it's dumb to be upset about life when you have lots of monetary things but it's all relative. Heck people in other places would think we are crazy to be upset about college loans, lost bfs/gfs, or apartment rents. I would say all of those things can be upsetting to deal with but some people don't even have places to lay their head at night. There are people who have been through much worse things than some of us can imagine but that doesn't make our problems illegitimate.

Anyway my point there is that I don't think we should police what is acceptable to be upset about. Who cares if someone has money or not. Life is life. It can be hard.

13. sunnii

I used to be desperate to move to somewhere that is constantly hot and sunny. I've always lives in Scotland so I haven't experienced it but tbh I feel like I'd need all the seasons. The winter can affect me both physically and mebtally. Problem with me is summers here are too short and.unspectacular. I've never been to Canada but don't they have really.cold winters but really warm summers?

14. Alexander69

Ontario has the extremes we in British Columbia have cold winter yes but it's lots of rain to and summers at hot but I like hotter LOL

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2013 at 02:13 PM ----------

Thank you ❤

15. Level75

Yeah, telling people to just suck it up and deal with their depression because other people have it so much worse isn't constructive.

But in Alexander's case, I'm about ready to tell him to just go see a therapist already because I'm not buying that this is all about the weather.

He's done more than enough to demonstrate that he knows how to talk about little more than money and his ability to appreciate things runs about an inch deep. As is his ability to see things from another person's perspective (see "Lesbians have it easy because they can at least be sex objects" thread). He's ill-equipped to deal with any true adversity and clearly needs outside help since it sounds like his parents aren't any better at this. Hell, volunteer somewhere like a hospital or a soup kitchen or something. You never know. Maybe serving a higher cause than himself might actually help.

16. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Chip wasn't talking about life being hard, he was talking about how Alex was claiming life was being "cruel to him" while he shows off how well-off his parents are. Different things are different. You having a tough time Alex? Buy a damned counselor.

17. prism

I agree with you, but I would be rather be miserable in a BMW than miserable riding my broke ass bike to school every day. :lol:

Everyone should be grateful for what they have. Monetarily, I come from a very modest family. We've never had money to travel outside the country (the Midwest, for the most part) and my siblings and I never got a car. Alexander, when I was your age, I was given permission to build my own bicycle. Still, I wouldn't trade my family for the world.

Alexander, you seem like a nice person, but your posts and threads do make you out to be incredibly shallow. You should find a counselor or therapist to talk to in person.

18. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Where's the like button when you need one???

19. castle walls

Please don't drink to deal with depressed feelings. I come from a long line of alcoholics and using alcohol as a coping mechanism never ends well. Have you ever thought about seeing a therapist? Also, I strongly encourage you to do some volunteer work.

Psychologists have linked grattitude to pretty awesome things. However, that doesn't mean that grattitude causes the following benefits.
    The NY Times
    Good luck to you!

20. lxlJDlxl

Hilarious! It never really gets old :roflmao:.