1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My roommate is freaking me out.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FranklinK, Jan 29, 2013.

1. FranklinK

He's installing web cameras around the house. He only has two up so far - one in his bedroom and one that is in the living room mounted about the stairs to the front door. He told me that he is planning on getting one for the basement (it's more like a man cave with a huge couch, carpeted floors and a giant tv accompanied by a PS3) and another by the back door.

It's his house, but the cameras move so he can get a 180 degree span of the room and he can watch them from work on his ipod. The one in the living room can see all the way down the hallway where my room is and can see the entire living room. I asked him if it was because we (me and my other roommate) have done something that made him not trust us and he said no.

Also, the web cameras pick up audio so he can hear everything that is going on..

He told me it was so he could see who our other roommate is bringing home - which kind of makes sense since he is a slut. Seriously, my other roommate brought home 8 different guys this month, but how far is too far?

I feel really uncomfortable in my own house now - like I've got to pay super close attention to everything I do and when my friends come over I have to explain to them what the hell that thing is hanging out of the ceiling and it freaks them out too. So not many people come hang out at my place anymore which is really irritating.

Sometimes I'll be at the dining room table which is a part of the living room and he will send me a text telling me that I need to put the pillow back on the couch that I use as a cushion.

How would you feel if your roommates/parents put up cameras around the house?

#1 FranklinK, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. Tiny Catastrophe

Wow I would not be comfortable with that at all. That's really creepy especially since he makes it clear that he's watching like everything you're doing. I think he has some serious issues. If I was you I would move out and find somewhere else to live if possible because that is not normal.

3. HelmetBoi

I think you need to find a new roommate, this guy sounds like he has genuine problems. You're entitled to your privacy just like everyone else, you don't have to tolerate that!

4. Hot Pink

Yeah, seriously... Invasion of privacy much? You should talk to him and tell him how the cameras make you feel. I wouldn't even want to live somewhere that had cameras set up like that.

5. FranklinK

I tried talking to him about it and he said well you aren't going to live here forever and I want them up in my house especially if I live alone.. Wtf..

6. Hot Pink

Does he own the house? If he doesn't, talk to the landlord if nothing else.

7. FranklinK

He does own the house unfortunately.

8. Tiny Catastrophe

But he doesn't live alone. He has 2 roommates who are entitled to privacy. If he wants them when he lives alone then he should have waited until he lived alone to get them. I think he's just coming up with excuses to spy on you guys and invade your personal lives and privacy. I would seriously consider moving out tho and cutting ties with this guy. He sounds like his screws are a bit loose, so to speak.

9. FranklinK

I can't imagine how my roommate feels. He had one guy over and they were fooling around downstairs in the basement (mancave) and when David (homeowner/roommate) got home that morning from work he told me that he was going to have a talk with Dan (slut roommate) about having sex in the basement.

I was like what? David's response was "well I assume they were since Dan and his friend came up the stairs half naked from the basement and went to Dan's room."

Insta-creep. I don't want to even leave my room (which really doesn't matter because I don't have a door on their anyways.)

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2013 at 12:03 PM ----------

Yeah, I think I'm going to start seeing if anyone else wants a roommate this is wayyy too much.

10. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no way in hell I could live somewhere with a bunch of cameras that someone else has access to anytime they want. That is just beyond creepy. You're basically a prisoner in your own house. To add insult to injury, your room doesn't even have a door so you can get privacy. I would be out ASAP. He seems paranoid and crazy.

11. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    hhmmm. So he can see the guys your roommate brings home? That's not even close to a good enough excuse, me thinks.

Sounds very weird, l would move.

12. FemCasanova

Wow, yeah, creepy.

Though, I would also find it a bit fun, actually. My girlfriend and I would be doing a lot of making out in the hall. Plus, I would make it a personal mission to pick my nose in front of the camera for at least 5 minutes each day. And use it as my personal therapy session, where I could go on for like an hour about how my boring job, everything that happened down to the last detail. It would be like having my own shrink right at home. And I would also find out everything he hates/freaks him out, and talk about it/do it obviously in front of the camera.

It be down-right fun, and quite a nice little warfare situation. So, that`s my advice. Fight back. Don`t hide. Throw your dirty underwear on the things if you need some privacy for something. If he complaints, tell him simply that if your feelings does not matter to him, his feelings matter less to you. If you have to live uncomfortably, so shall he. Whatever pleasure he is getting from his creep-fest, it should be minimized and mixed with a little pain.

*Cough* I am usually not very hostile, but situations like this brings out the worst in me, lol. And don`t forget your sense of humor! Use it for all it`s worth :slight_smile:

And good luck :grin:

13. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    SPOILER: your roommate is streaming your lives for a reality show that will air in 6 months.

14. FranklinK

well I have actually made it a point to walk around the house naked since they went up. If he wants to see everything he can see it all. I think you have some hilarious ideas FemCasanova lol I'm totally doing that

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2013 at 12:28 PM ----------

I will sue the shit out of him especially since I've been naked on camera lmao

15. Caleb93

Gotta agree with everybody else. It's one thing to have an alarm system to protect from burglars, but spying on your roommates is just too much. He has the right to do what he wants with his house, but if he really can't trust others then I don't see why he has roommates. I wouldn't even bother talking to him about it. I would just get out of there.

16. FranklinK

Sometimes I wish I never left Birmingham lol then I wouldn't be in the middle of this tom-foolery.

17. Tiny Catastrophe

Lmao to what FemCasanova was saying. If you can't move out right away I would make it as uncomfortable for that guy as possible until you can lol.

18. Divopix

That's extremely weird. I would not be comfortable whatsoever. He should respect your privacy because you are paying on the mortgage or whatever. Without you two, it would make it a lot harder on him to afford the house. Tell him to fuck off! Hah.

19. FranklinK

Well the damage is done he had an electrician over yesterday to install whatever the fuck in the ceiling and drill holes down so he could mount his cameras. It's a done deal.

20. Divopix

That's way too far. Jeez, I feel bad for you.