1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small men's clothing for girl-dudes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jim, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Jim

Jim

Does anyone know where to get either men's clothes/ shoes in small sizes, or clothes specifically designed for androgynous/ transitioning females?

I've been shopping in men's clothing stores for a long time, but I'm quite small, even for a girl, so finding things that fit is a royal pain in the ass. It's not my height, as I'm 5'6", which is pretty average for girls my age I think, and I know some guys are short, not to mention that I can sew up jeans and things to make them shorter, but I'm quite thin, so everything just looks baggy on me and my feet size are only a 5, so I can't wear men's shoes :/

The most annoying thing is tailored clothing. I can't afford to buy expensive suits, but highstreet shops don't have sizes small enough, so does anyone know of any online stores or anything that can be of help to me?

2. FranklinK

3. topman for clothes!
    they do xxxs :slight_smile: and the junior part of sports direct if youre wanting trainers. the shoes also they go up to a 5 i think.

or if you want to splash out, then hollister clothes come up waaaay small.
    the teen bits of primark are a good bet also. if you pick carefully most bits dont look childish.

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l see a lot of gender neutral clothes made for women. When you put enough of them together, it could look "male".

But l'm trying to picture how most of their clothes are really different than some more neutral female clothes and l can't, aside from something obvious like suits. l've know men who dressed nearly the same as me, the clothes were cut slightly differently but they were bigger than me so it didn't look weird.

The plain shirts and casuals for women are just as plain. Maybe some are more fitted to the body, but you can find clothes that aren't. the shoulders for men's clothes will always be bigger. Who knows, maybe tiny men wear women's t shirts.

And for shoes, you just wear men's shoes. Not sure of the size conversion, in the US l think a men's 6 is a ladie's 8. oops l didn't see the last line lol.

Those are some tiny feet, l have had female friend's who wore kid's shoes and didn't look totally ridiculous. Maybe some boy's shoes are toned down.

#4 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. Jim

Jim

That's pretty much what I'm doing at the moment. (Teen primark for guys have the best tracksuit bottoms omg they're so cosy as pajamas :grin: )

The main problem is suits really... I mean they do small sized trousers in topman, but not suit jackets like wtf is with that..

6. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

(&&&)
    shoe size for men to women is one size larger, so go in reverse

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2013 at 04:36 PM ----------

clothing for men sucks!!!!!
    most mens clothing is baggy now adays and shows no style what so ever. I myself have a 32 waist in mens clothing, which is a size 8 in womens clothing.
    if that helps!!
    You wont find to much mens clothing that fits right and looks good to. most men's clothing is meant to be loose in the crotch, most know why LOL! so you just have to judge for yourself and see what works!
    Enjoy

7. fuzzyfeet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All American apparel unisex clothing comes in xxs sizes and their cotton v necks are perfection!! They have pretty much any other article of clothing you'd want too...also yeah I'm pretty small and their tees fit me fine

8. Jim

Jim

It's SO expensive though. Like £25 for a t-shirt wtf

9. Rivers

My dad is short and trim. I know he buys his suits from Benetton. Other than that, he wears a good deal of boy's clothing (which is cheaper, too), and gets my mom to shorten his trousers (children's pants don't look right on adults).

10. fuzzyfeet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeahh AA is unfortunately kind of expensive but if you catch them at their sales it's not too bad! And I don't know about other places but they have a AA factory outlet store here that sells everything at a slightly better prices (like the v necks are $15 I think)
    And their shirts are reasonably good quality and last forever and are sooo comfy :slight_smile: