1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl Code: Ex's are just off limits!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaysuss, Jan 29, 2013.

1. jaysuss

Okay so of course the name of the thread is a Mean Girls reference and you better now it. I am like in a situation where one of my friends is going to try and date my ex. Like no! That is code and you can't just do that!
    So I am wondering what you all think on this wonderful topic of "are ex's off limits"

2. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

I wouldn't mind really, unless I had a bad break-up or still had feelings for my ex. I actually dated my friend's ex (we weren't sooo close) and she stopped talking to me for a while. I don't feel guilty because she was the one dumping not getting dumped, she said she wanted to be only friends so I didn't think she would mind. I'm bad with 'girl's codes'

3. exs are off limits totally.

a few years ago i dated this girl i was totally into, it wasnt serious as we were only together a few months but still i liked her. she ended up dumping me. my then friend came up from england to see me for a few days (she knew we broke up) and was talking to my ex via text all the on the journey up to where i live (i didnt know lol), we went to grab some dinner cuz of her long journey then came back to mine. then she said oh i have to go meet jenna for a sec she just wants to say hi, i was like ok be quick then. she then went off with her for the whole night while she was supposed to be staying with me and ended up kissing her that same night. just after i got dumped a few weeks before.
    broke ma wee heart :frowning2:

i sent my friend back home the day after. how dare she :tantrum:

exs are off limits. for real.

4. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    There are no codes in life. Once someone is single then they are fair game. Hate to tell you that but its true.

Personally, I would never date a friend's ex. It would be too weird and awkward for me.

5. castle walls

This may sound strange to some but I don't particularly care for the most part. The only reason I would care is if:
    1. We recently broke up
    2. I still have feelings for them
    3. They cheated on me or something similar

Basically, I'd only be upset if there was some bad blood or unfinished business with my ex. I try to stay on good terms with my exes and I want them to find happiness. If they find that happiness with a friend of mine then I'm okay with that. If a friend was going to date one of my exes I think it would be courteous of them to ask me first. Courteous but not required

6. jaysuss

I just get so angry because your friends should know that it is only allowed if you ask and you respond with something close to I couldn't care if he died or I don't care about him or something like that. It is just disrespectful I think.

7. Minx

We can't stop anyone from liking someone, better to wish them best and roll your eyes.

Granted I don't think the friendship should be on the same terms afterward. :/

8. Nile

Nile Guest

If my mate wants my left overs, she's more than welcome to it.

9. Only off limits if you still have feelings I don't feel y'all should interfere with yr friends love/relationship life

10. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

You could try but your friendship might strain and break.

11. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pffffffffffttttttttttttt. Go for it. Who am I to say who you can like or not like? Unless there is some major history that would stop me from wanting them any happiness in the future, like i saw them kill my entire family but i was drunk at the time so it isn't court admissable, OR i still had feelings for them and my friend knew then i say, all is fair in love and war :wink:

12. FemCasanova

Where I am from, the lesbian communities tend to be small, and somewhat isolated. They`re like groups of friends, who has all done each other at some point. Seems everyone is the ex of everyone. Which is a bit weird to me, and why I felt I didn`t fit in. It got really complicated, particularly since then you couldn`t know who was serious with who, where there still were feelings and what was a safe date. It got frustrating, and complicated, so I quit the scene. It wasn`t my type of thing. Though now that I live in Oslo, that was just one of the communities, there are more out there, but hard to find, and hard to get into.

13. Bree

Only if it was a messy break up for some reason. If they aren't talking to each other, that's bad. If they are comfortable hanging out as friends, go for it!

14. Kay

Kay Guest

It is true where i live as well. Most of the girls are ex's of the other girls. It doesn't seem to bother anyone really. If it did everyone would be single. Hugs sweeties.

15. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm with you on that. Can be harsh, but there's a lot of factors that can play into it. If you're into your friend's ex and you think you two have a chance, then why not?

I'd wait though if they just broke up though. I'd say for sure a couple of weeks, if not 1 month+, depending on how sensitive your friend is and how close you guys are.

16. prism

Put yourself in their shoes. What if the love of your life just happened to be one of your friend's exes?

Like Dynamite said, there are no codes. Even if there were, every middle school girl has learned that there has never been, and never will be, a Girl Code. :lol:

A close friend of mine may date my ex boyfriend. I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me, but I also want them both to be happy.

17. Deaf Not Blind

It makes me pretty much break up with the friend. I won't want them over...the date can't come with them, right? The ignorant retard! They were just waiting...maybe even caused the breakup, and I would say let them go.

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2013 at 05:47 PM ----------

Then it is also fair to never speak to the best buddy again.

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2013 at 05:50 PM ----------

I agree. Especially if really recent. If it were a year later, it doesn't appear like they caused it or you were used to get them together, ya know?

No girl code obviously. I think it maybe a bro code to ask. Could explain why women think go for it and it seemed weird to my ex friend why i was pissed when i didn't even want the guy. She seriously didn't get it...just text me fast! going behind someones back and showing up dating, rude.

18. Shiny Espeon

Really, I think it depends on the situation.

-If the friend was there for the relationship, and saw things go bad between you two, the ex is off limits completely.
    -If you have feelings for the ex, and your friend knows it, they are forbidden from pursuing the ex.
    -If you have feelings for the ex, and the friend doesn't know it, you can't forbid a relationship between the two unless you come clean about your feelings.
    -If you met the friend after the relationship ended, you can't say that your friend isn't allowed to date said person, but you can tell them every excruciating detail.
    -If you ended the relationship, you are not allowed to forbid your friend from pursuing a relationship after a grace period of half of the time you were together with your ex.
    -If the relationship fizzled, your friend can go after the ex to their heart's content.

I could come up with more situations, but I don't feel like it right now.