1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure where to put this. It's about oh this guy is gay or that girl is gay...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Reptillian

Seriously, who gives a shit if someone's gay and what's the point about blogging it or spreading a rumor about it? Back in the day when I claimed the asexual level, people assumed I'm gay and all of that while I never even hinted at my own sexuality. Please, people, just don't be nosy about one's other sexuality. Who seriously cares?

/ends the totally cool complaint.

#1 Reptillian, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. ForceAndVerve

Asexuality and homosexuality have nothing to do with each other no?

And yes, I completely agree. Spreading rumours, unfounded or not about someone's sexuality is just out of order.

3. Divopix

It's like if you're not straight, people automatically assume you're gay and however many times you explain to them that there is more than just straight and gay, the don't understand.

4. Minx

Well, yes and no. Rather yes in my case lol.

I agree, out of order and uncalled for.

I often think parents struggle with this particular confusion x.x It also doesn't help that mainstream media only usually displays gay and straight. :/

5. Reptillian

Yep, which is partly why I never even bothered coming out back in the day other than being a very private person. Even if I did form a sexual relationship, he/she is not going to know what I identify as and I'll make it quick to correct her/his assumptions regarding my behaviors and thoughts, but not put on a label. (Implying that I do have one) According to me, as long as the relationship is enjoyable and/or goes along with specific conditions without any ethical concerns, then I wouldn't care who he/she identifies as and I don't think he/she should care who I am on what I identify as if things are running well. That's how I see things.

Lemme fix this part- asexual level to asexual label, but I think people here already understood that I used the wrong word, but never hurt to fix my error and notify.

#5 Reptillian, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013