1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I just get a boyfriend!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cecil, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Cecil

I still don't understand how and I am even still a little lightheaded and I barely had enough focus for my late night class. But a newbie joined our group of misfits in the Bridge a few days ago and he mostly kept to himself. Of course that never lasts long in our group, we will get you talking by the second or third day. And yesterday he did talk but not much and today he surprised me.

He mostly kept nearby me and we started a conversation that led to simple jokes and me snatching his hat. Well after a few hours of talking he leans in close to ask me a question, Do you want to go out?' The poor guy didn't say it at first and luckily something happened among our group that distacted all of us and gave me time to digest what had just happened! A guy (a cute geeky redhead!), asked me an overweight extrovert, if we could date!!!!!!!!

Thank god for my perfect poker face and quick thinking since no one in my 25 years of life ever asked me if I would be their girlfriend!!! I eventually asked him if we could talk away from our rambunctious group to get to know him better and try to understand why he would ask me!?

Turns out he is just like me!!!! We both are attracted to personality and the ability to have a conversation with intelligent people. He is sweet, fun, and very smart!! In the end (after another 3 hours of talking one-on-one) I warned him about my fears and how I would react to certain things (which is usually a problem for some people) but he still asked!!! So I told him I would give him a chance if he didn't mind dating someone like me.

We parted since he had to catch his ride and I had to go eat (realizing it was almost 6pm and all I had eaten was breakfast at 7am!) and got get ready for my late-night class.

So I'm still in a daze now and my stomach is in knots, or am I still hungry? Anyway I will see what happens tomorrow and how this will go.

I'm very nervous since J (I won't say his full name for now) will be the first male I have ever dated! I actually kept the fact that I'm Bi out for now. He will find out quickly though since it will eventually come up knowing me. But I'm happy, excited, nervous, and scared!!!!!

I had to tell someone since everyone I know is not aware yet of what happened today. And I can't keep this to myself right now!

2. jutwanahaveboys

I don't see how being over weight can be such an issue. I am rather over weight myself and yet tons of people express to me how they think im hot. I dress in a very stylish way, and I guess that helps a lot. my personality and style overshadow my silhouette, you know? I think EVERYONE is beautiful and im just glad someone who wont judge you on your outer appearence came along...

Best of luck, and word of advice, learn to let go on your insecurities and gain more confidence... too much insecurities can often be a turn off.

remember, you are beautiful :slight_smile: