1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone attracted to themselves?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by twin soul, Jan 29, 2013.

1. twin soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want to seem conceited, but a friend of mine asked me what my body type is one time. I said, "me". Is that common among homosexuals? I kind of like it. It gives me a high self-esteem. I mean I'm attracted to my own body, personality, temper, the way I look at life, my humility (LOL). Actually I am a pretty humble guy, but a humble guy who likes himself. Sometimes I say, "I wish I weren't me, so I could date myself." I know this sounds conceited, which is why I would say it here and nowhere else.

2. SkyDiver

Hey, it's good to have a high opinion of yourself. Nothing wrong with being confident. :slight_smile: Unfortunately, you're part of a minority.

3. ForceAndVerve

Well I'm not exactly happy with my body but I guess you could say I would like to date someone with my build. And yes, I understand what you mean by dating your personality. You want someone who likes the same things as you, has the same sense of humour/outlook on life etc.

4. counterspade

I find myself handsome most of the time. Yet my views generally tend to be held higher when I'm alone. When I'm around others, especially those more attractive than I, I tend to feel really unattractive.

5. jargon

If I didn't look like me, and I met a guy who looked like me, I definitely date that guy haha.

Not that I think I'm actually a total babe or anything, but I happen to fit very well with the kind of guy that I like. If I was being greedy I'd make a few minor alterations, but nothing too serious. And from what I've learned, research shows that "opposites attract" is a lot less true than "birds of a feather."

6. Minx

I don't think it's uncommon, people are probably too shy to say it outloud though.

Personally, I find the opposite of my energy/looks, attractive.

I'm a pessimist, so I enjoy an optimist. ^-^

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cautious confidence is the way to go. Loving yourself is key to happiness, but so is acknowledging that you're not God's gift to humanity.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'd date myself if I could just out of curiosity. I think I'm somewhat attractive at times but I prefer people who look the opposite of me, mostly. Pale, light hair/eyes, ect.

9. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    see. l wasn't going to come right out and say it, but yes. Less so with the all of the traits but physically, yes.

At least, l "could be''. Does that make sense?

Never have l looked at myself and actually been turned on. But, what l am, is basically what l'm attracted to(at least in a general sense). So l'm pretty satisfied with myself.

What it's also like is l don't necessarily identify with the physical image of myself. Like it's not "me", really, l feel more like someone who would just be attracted to anyone with my physical appearance or a feminine appearance in general. So...l have that, and it that is the end result.

#9 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  10. Minx

I completely agree, in my experience that is. XD

I do envy those birds.

11. twin soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with counterspade. Honestly I don't think that I'm attractive as far as what other people are attracted too, necessarily. But what I'm attracted too, which is based on alot more than just looks, it's pretty dang close. I expect that the one I end up with will be alot like me. Maybe not, we'll see.

12. Divopix

I would not date someone who had some of my characteristics and I definitely don't see why someone else would like me.

13. LoliLaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel the same way. I guess it could be low self esteem and low self confidence issues. I could not see anyone loving me and wanting to be with me. :frowning2:

14. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would rather date someone that was closer to my opposite. I like to think that my partner would bring something out of me that i kept hidden, that they would better me in some way and I'm not sure someone the same as me could do that.. besides... I know my own bullshit. I'd probably get annoyed if i saw them do the same to me...

15. Delta

No, I don't think that's conceited. I hold myself to the same standards of attractiveness that I hold potential mates to. If I met me on the street, I would date me. Oh yeah.

16. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I sometimes feel confident of myself, and people who know me would say I love myself and I have high self esteem. But there are many things I wish I could change, and there days when I even feel I hate myself because of something.

As to dating, I think I would be more attracted to people who are opposite of me.

17. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find myself cute for the body type and personality I am, but am not attracted to my own build and personality. I'm short, then, and somewhat effeminate while I generally like larger, masculine guys.

Kind of like how gay guys say they can appreciate and admire the beauty women, both their bodies and personalities, but would never find themselves dating one.

18. Ticklish Fish

I kind of do.. but then I am just horny a lot of times

19. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really. I like a lot of things about myself, such as, body type, personality, hair color, etc. But I'm not attracted to myself. I'm attracted to taller women (5'5''+), and I'm 5'2''. As for personality, I would be interested in dating someone who shares the same humor, style, and outlook on life as me. But I would prefer to date someone who is a bit more dominant than I am. Though, I would never change anything about myself because I like who I am.

20. Van

Van

Uhm, I'm not, I think. At least I'm not attracted to my appearance.
    I even think that when someone tells me "You're cute" or something like that it's out of pity. :grin: