Do you feel weight places a bigger role in the gay community then with straights?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Alexander69

It's about time I asked this. Do you feel that weight places a bigger role with gay people rather then with straight people? I feel like gay men take weight more seriously then straight men. I could be completely wrong but there is a reason there is a stereotype amongst at men about us being all "muscle and fit and skinny" and I think to an extent that stereotype isn't all the false. I feel like there is more pressure to be thin or muscular in the gay Community than in the Hetero community. At least that's my tale in this if you feel differently please tell so :slight_smile:

2. leer

way I see the weight Issue is you get yourself to a weight that you feel happy with the actual size isnt a problem if your happy with it

3. ohhsnapple

ohhsnapple Guest

obesity is a huge (no pun intended) problem within the lesbian community

4. Alexander69

I don't care if people are larger in size it doest change the person if they are a good person why the f**k does it matter! I just wouldn't want to date a person who was over 180lbs because risk of disease starts to go up and I try to stay as healthy as possible and someone who eats unhealthy would be a major issue in my relationship

5. Level75

I wish I had a dollar for every time somebody said this. I'd never have to work again.

6. Alexander69

I don't get it?

7. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

No, I don't think it really matters more in the LGBT community. It's just what you see in the media that warps your mind. Ever heard of bears? They are ussualy overweight.

8. photoguy93

That's a good point.
    But I think the weight thing has some merit. I mean...I think gay guys aren't as ok with it.

But it probably depends on who you are asking, you know? People my age? My god, it's all about sex. If you're even the slightest bit overweight, you can probably kiss your fun goodbye.

As we mature, it changes, I think.

9. Minx

I think it plays an equal role in all communities.

People can just be very shallow, or set in their preferences without any malice.

10. IanGallagher

I'd just say somebody overweight, because Bale was 190 in 'Batman Begins' apparently - I'd say that's a lot healthier than very skinny dudes.

11. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I think weight and overall appearance is a big factor in the gay community compared to the straight one.