1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Change room Factor.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beebo, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Beebo

So... I recently went to the swimming pool with all my Christian Youth group friends... and I realized when I went into the change room, there might be a problem...

See I'm out to everyone, and they all know that I am very open about it... but now I was about to go into a change room full of naked guys, who are my friends, and who know I'm gay... I knew it would be awkward for them... I felt like they thought I would be a PERVERT and look(I try to not look, I swear, but sometimes... u catch a glance hahaha.. u cant help it... :icon_wink )!!:dry:

So I started thinking... :eek: Maybe gay guys should change in girls change rooms... and lesbian girls in boys change rooms... :tantrum: but then we would be in a weird situation... and girls especially could be in danger...

AND WORSE!! Its not like they can make a change room for gay guys, or lesbian girls, because that would eliminate the reason we even have change rooms, to stop creepers from being creepos.

I'm not saying this for the sanity of myself... but i'm asking your opinions on how we can make our friends feel less exposed... because honestly, its not like I'm gonna get excited looking at a bunch of wet.. naked... :eek: *runs off to take a cold shower*JUST KIDDING!!!

I ended up changing in the bathroom stall, (I hate public bathrooms).

But I would like to hear your opinions.

2. Bader

Bader Guest

What about bisexuals ? where do they change lol

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think a privacy stall (or two or three) in locker rooms would alliaviate the problem. Those that wished to be more discreet could dress privately. I'm a straight girl and I absolutely hated changing in locker rooms. When I was developing, one of my breasts were bigger than the other and I was horrified by it and worried people would notice. It just makes more sense all around and for everybody involved just not GLBT people.

4. Bader

Bader Guest

Yup ! i agree with that!

5. Beebo

One thing my dad told me once, my first time ever changing in a locker room,
    "everyone is too worried about their own 'jollies' (thats right jollies) to notice yours"

6. Adrian

Adrian Guest

Having cubicles instead of open-plan changing rooms is one option. I'm pretty private and prefer cubicles in most of those kinds of situations for no particular reason. Like when I go on camping holidays and have to use the facilities on campsites I always prefer it when the basins are in cubicles even though it doesn't really matter.

7. gator388

gator388 Guest

Something along the lines of this is like when I was in high school and we went to our state thespian festival. Not to buy into too many stereotypes...There are many many very out boys at the state thespian festival and the sleeping arrangements were four boys to a room (at least at my school) and four girls to a room. It made me wonder how they kept all of the kids from having sex. I know there were two gay guys in my troupe that were secretly dating and slept together on the trip (I know this because I was rooming with them). At the time I was denying my own sexuality so it wasn't an issue for me but the whole purpose of the boys and girls separate is because of sex. I guess what it all boils down to is boys don't get pregnant.

8. Beebo

hahahah, yeh good point. lol. well I guess thats something to be proud of hahaha.

9. Vampyrecat

Oh thank god it's not just me Becky. I'm so relieved!!!

Look, I think, if possible, just change in the shower stalls, that way you don't have temptation and they don't feel uncomfortable. OR you could just stare at the wall the whole time.

10. Kimi

If I were in the locker room my friends worrying that I might checking out them I'd tell them "Gosh, I don't even get to choose?" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And be sure to add "I'm not saying you guys are unattractive..." JK

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :roflmao: Don't worry Vampy, you'll grow out of it. (*hug*)

12. divadarya

I've actually thought about this recently, too...you all know about the "bathroom issue" with transpeople, imagine this one...I've thought of joining a gym, but the hassle of having to worry about having my toenails painted(maybe I shuld just wear them proudly) and having some small but un-male breasts as well as my currently "unfemale" genitalia gives me some pause....
    I love the optional privacy partition idea...that would even make our religious friends happy...

13. neverover

:lol:
    in my school, we only change our clothes together, not THE underwear. but somehow, even though im gay, and locker room is one of my fetish, i dont seem to 'care' enough to take a glance, even with the hottest one. dont know why.....

14. JWAD

JWAD Guest

I guess I'm lucky the pool near me has all seperate changing cubicles so I'm not put in that situation, maybe that's what they should do everywhere. And the trouble with gay guys changing in girls changing rooms and vice versa is then the straight ppl get the problem :confused:

15. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm somehow locker rooms aren't a problem for me anymore. I used to be really shy but I got over it and I don't think the other guys should feel intimidated if they know I'm gay. It all depends on how you act. Don't worry about intimidating them. It's their problem, not yours. Just act normal and don't give them reason to feel uncomfortable and they won't. If you feel good and comfortable and act normal, they will too.

And you can look, but be very discrete :grin:

16. Tim

Tim

This is why I changed in teh bathroom stalls at my high school, I wasn't out, but everyone thought I did it because I was overweight XD One of the few times I was glad I was, >_<

17. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

One suggestion, can you just go in, get changed and get out as quickly as possible. Don't look at anyone else while you're changing.

If you are with a group of people that's not so easy, but maybe you can still get the actual changing bit done quickly then just wait for them to finish.

18. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Surely your friends would take such looking as a compliment?

Thats the problem with most straight people, they automatically think that because you are gay, you want to have sex with any male you come across.

19. Tim

Tim

I did that halfway through the school year XD, Came to school with my PE clothes underneath my clothes =P Took me like 30 sec to change XD, Took my top clothes off, shoved in locker, put lock on, went out XD