1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Change room Factor. Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beebo, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Beebo

Well on top of the whole awkward for them factor (see The Change Room Factor).... is it just me, or would everyone agree that being gay will make you very self conscious about how you look in the change room... Even more so than other straight people???
    Because you might have a crush on that one boy/girl, and you might be secretly hoping he/she likes you too, and might want to look good for him/her...??? I'd like to hear your thoughts... maybe some stories too, heres mine:

I was only about 13 years old... hadn't yet hit puberty, and I had just joined the swim team... I remember all the other guys being hairy and such hahaha... So I anyways... I remember I would sit and pray to god that I could grow hair to impress the other guys... hahaha. Heh... I don't think they ever cared... I think it was all in my mind...

Am I the only one who had to go through this?

2. gator388

gator388 Guest

I totally know what you mean. I'm not fat by any means but I've been hitting the gym like crazy recently (to see the guys) and to look like them. I just want to look better so I don't have to feel uncomfortable when other people see me in a changing room situation.

This thread had a pretty good point along the lines of what your saying/asking
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8243

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I feel very self-conscious. I don't know if it's related to being gay, as most people seem to be awkward about their pubescent bodies. But being gay does make things a lot more awkward in terms of my general style, how I present myself, gender presentation etc. It sucks.

So, no, you're not alone :grin:

4. Jim1454

You're not alone. But at the same time, when you find the right person, they'll accept you for you. To be perfectly blunt - I have trouble believing that my bf finds me 'sexy' but he does. Go figure!

Don't sweat it.