1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you like to smell? What scents attract you to someone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Minx, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Minx

A few friends and some of the people I socialize with inspired this topic, by commenting on how good I smell. Which always makes me narrow my eyes.

It confuses me, because I don't try to smell good for others, I just put on what I like.

Cotton candy spray, Strawberry, Cookie dough, etc. (I have a terrible sweet tooth, so I enjoy smelling sweet/fruity, personally.) Same with soaps and shampoos.

But I also like to wear some spice, colognes.

So, I was wondering.

What do you all enjoy smelling like?

Do you wear cologne, perfume, nothing, as a personal choice?

Or, do you make your choices based on what you think someone else might find attractive?

What scents attract your attention to someone?

For me, I swoon when a guy smells like fresh laundry from the dryer, or that rain on the grass scent after a light storm.

Rarely does cologne catch my attention, but when it's subtle enough I enjoy it. :slight_smile:

2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not much. Nothing strong, HATE when people smell like a bakery. No vanilla, etc.

l love my Yardley's lavender soap and it makes me smell pretty. yes, l am 80 years old.

3. returning

I dont really care how i smell as long as its not disgusting. Ditto on the fresh laundry and grass

4. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I absolutely LOVE the smell of freshly shampooed hair....that's usually the first scent I notice about someone.

5. 461 467

I can't stand the smell of perfume on people.

Light cologne can be nice, though. I don't like overpowering scents.

6. Rivers

I use rosewater on my skin, so I always smell faintly of roses.

Strong perfumes always give me a headache. I know it's cliche, but I just love soft floral scents. They're delicate and very pleasant to me.

7. octiimuus

Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually enjoy when someone "smells like a bakery" haha, although I guess it doesn't "attract" me in a sexual way. That's the kind of stuff I wear. I really do hate most perfumes and colognes though.
    I'd rather it be something super faint like shampoo or laundry that some of you have mentioned. I enjoy when a house or room has an identifiable smell more than a person. I just want them to smell like that person.

8. Minx

I don't think a lot of people know how to wear perfume properly.

If someone you know can smell a bit uh... 'overpowering.'

Subtly let them know that spraying perfume, once, on a cotton cloth and lightly rubbing it on their clothes will make it more appealing.

... my relative used to work for avon, you pick up a few tricks inevitably. :grin:

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I like a light perfume or strawberry scent from shampoo. I usually smell like that, or cinnamon-ish from my own body wash but it isn't too intoxicating.

10. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I don't really care what I smell like as long as I smell clean. Basically, whatever shampoo/conditioner/body wash I find is what I'm going to use. I used to use Irish Spring body wash, now im using Axe body wash, whatever is in my house is really what I use. What I like on other people though is when they smell fruity, or like vanilla.

11. HP7465213

I like a person's natural smell. Too much cologne or body spray isn't appealing to me

12. Vesper

As long as other people aren't wearing the essences of sweaty armpit, months' long unwashed hair, or any one of the gamut of body fluids, I will not rule them out. The scents that really turn my head are floral scents (lavender especially), cologne, and certain berry scents. I also like any and every one of the "fresh linen" scents found in air fresheners and laundry detergents. I don't like the smell of non-fruit food on people, even if it's food I like to eat...unless it's chocolate.

As far as my own scent is concerned, I really couldn't care less. As long as I don't have a foul odor emanating from me, I will venture outside.

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The deodorant I use is meant to smell like fresh apricot, although a friend of mine once told me that it smells like candy. I use it mostly because I like how it feels, not because of how it smells (although I do like the smell best out of all scents offered by that brand), but smelling like candy certainly isn't going to persuade me to stop using it. :slight_smile:

As for other guys, I gotta be honest, there's a certain musky kind of odor some guys have naturally that I love. Maybe it's just association because it reminds me of the last guy I dated, but it just drives me wild.

14. FruitFly

I have a ridiculous fondness for the smell of cinnamon, coconut vanilla, lavender, rose, and mint. Also chocolate ... maybe honey too.

I'm not picky.

15. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I love the smell of fresh laundry! Bounce...yum X)

I love Carried Away by Bath & Body Works :slight_smile: not too strong...just enough sweetness!
    Mild body sprays. The strong stuff gives me a headache.
    Or, do you make your choices based on what you think someone else might find attractive?
    Nope. I get it if I like it :slight_smile: but I would stop wearing something if a significant other complained about it.
    The sweet stuff catches me like a fish in a net!

16. leer

I like to smell good for work I use Paul Smith reasonably priced .
    but I also have a few expensive ones just Before Christmas I spent nearly £150.00 on two bottles but I dont use much .

17. PurpleCrab

I enjoy smelling clean and fresh (as opposed to sweaty and unwashed)
    Depends. If my deodorant smells rather strong (musky) I don't wear cologne, if my deodorant is faint, I wear light cologne.
    I choose my scent carefully to fit perfectly with my body chemistry, which slightly changes everyday. I do it half for myself, half for being pleasant to people who are around me.
    Clean laundry/clean clothes, fruity shampoos and spicy/vanilla body scent, oh and ovulating women... really weird to say but that pheromone thing rips away all logical reasoning in me.

18. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I wear perfume very day. My faves are the Harajuku Lovers line and also the Playboy fragrances.

I love a girl who smells sweet and sexy. Smell is like my number one turn on :wink:

19. MichaelB

not gunna lie...

I like the smell of smoke. D:

I know, it's bare bad and I shouldn't support it, but srs. The smell of tobacco and smoke, I just find attractive... I don't know why...

20. thegaymer

My favorite cologne is from hollister (jacob, jake, or something like that) but I also like perfumes too. Like everyone else, It can't be too overpowering though.