1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to meet people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChandlerCurious, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ChandlerCurious

Ok so I am really struggling with how to meet other guys who may be potentially interested in me. I am definitely not up for gay bars etc. as I am not out at all so I don't want to risk running into anyone I know until I can figure it all out myself. So I just don't know how/where to meet people. Thoughts?

2. Rivers

I was wondering the same thing.... It's always confusing to tell if a person is gay for sure, or not. I used to think my gaydar was pretty good, but now I know that it's rather faulty.

3. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever thought about finding your local LGBTQ group in your area? Maybe use online social networking sites to meet gay or bisexual guys in a mutural location e.g. restaurant, etc. Perhaps using phone chat lines could also help as well. The thing to get into the gay community to me is to emerse yourself in thier business, nonprofit, advocacy and other things but not all areas have these resources readily in place. Perhaps you might have to move for more resources like a bigger city like D.C where I used to live?

4. Brent2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Try social networking apps

#4 Brent2013, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  5. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Chandler

Have you thought of slowly meandering round an art gallery or museum, I have been approached by guys in the past when I have done this and it gives you the opportunity to talk to someone without any pressure.

Sale Gay Guy

6. derrik

Perhaps you could get involved with others associated with your favorite activity

#6 derrik, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  7. photoguy93

1. I adore your pic, Chandler. :slight_smile:

2. I have felt like you before. From what I've learned on here, it's a lot of the same advice - go out to LGBT Centers, try some *safe* things online, etc.

Consider looking at stereotypical gay hangouts. For example, consider spending time at Starbucks or Barnes and Noble (at least, from my experience, it's true in my area, compared to sporting shops or something. haha.) Art Museums are a great spot to be, even though a lot of the guys there will probably be older.

But let me add this - please don't get discouraged. Guys might not come right up to you; they might not seem interested. But give it time - try your best!

8. do you have any hobbies?
    like idk... photography, you could find a photography group and that way you could meet people. if they arent interested in you romantically you could of at least gained a friend. i think it helps to want to make friends first rather than a more than friends type relationship. (if that is what you mean lol) i mean like ive always gone out/done things looking for only friends. that way its a bonus if people are interested in me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

you can talk to/meet people anywhere. if youre at a library and someone is looking at a book, you can talk to them about that book. if someone is sitting alone at a table ask to sit with them. easier said than done though but youll get the hang of it once you get used to it! look in your local paper maybe people are always advertising interest groups and things, that way you might meet people.

people have been naming apps/websites to meet people on, pretty sure youre not allowed to on the boards/publicly as under 18s are on here/for safety. dont want anyone to get banned XD think its allowed through pms though. just a heads up!

9. BudderMC

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you're going to find people you know at a gay bar, who are therefore presumably gay... why not talk to them about where to go? You don't have to have it all figured out (I'm sure being gay they'll understand), but they'd provide a valuable local resource for you.

And as flyinhernikes said, please don't name apps/sites guys.