1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mathematical analysis of possible romantic/sexual+orientations/nonorientations and..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Reptillian

Mathematical analysis of possible romantic/sexual+orientations/nonorientations and preferences

Set A={x|x is a set of (a)sexual orientations}
    Set B={x|x is a set of (a)sexual non-orientation}
    Set C={x|x is a set of combination of demi/gray with asexual/sexual excluded demi-a (It is excluded because it is not used even at AVEN)}
    Set D={x|x is a set of romantic orientations}
    Set E={x|x is a set of (a)romantic non-orientations}
    Set F={demi,gray}

Set G={x|x is the 25 possible combinations of Set A and D}
    Set H={x|x is set E excluding pomoromantic}

Set I=(H)'∩E=Pomoromantic

A: Omnisexual/Pansexual, bisexual, heterosexual, homosexual, asexual
    B: Apasexual, pomosexual
    C: Demisexual, gray-a, gray-sexual,
    D: Omniromantic/panromantic, biromantic, heteroromantic, homoromantic, asexual
    E: Lithromantic, Pomo-romantic
    F: Demiromantic, gray-romantic

Supposely I want to figure out how many possible combinations I can make with all of these sets.

First, I will need to combine the amount of combination possible with Set A and Set D. Each (a)sexual set will have 5 (a)romantic set, thus there are 25 possible combination.

Set G={x|x is the 25 possible combinations of Set A and D}

What else to consider?

Set H={x|x is set e excluding pomoromantic}
    H: Lithromantic
    F: Demiromantic, gray-romantic

We must look into ones that can conflicts with the identity of Set G and exclude parts of Set G to be mixed with the other sets or subsets.

Since lithromantic only applies to those that aren't aromantic and it is possible not to identify as a lithromantic. Also, demi-romantic and gray-romantic can also conflict with the aromantic part of Set G. Pomoromantic conflicts with both aromantic and romantic orientation/nonorientation, so it is excluded.

The cardinal of the modified romantic orientation label set is 4.

Thus, 5*4*(2*3) = 20*6=120 possible combination found so far.

But wait, what about the (a)sexual aspects?

C: Demisexual, gray-sexual, gray a

We need to exclude the asexual part of Set G as it conflicts with Set C by definition
    The amount of subset in Set C is 2^3. We should exclude {gray-sexual,gray-a} plus the improper subset.
    So thus, the amount of possible combination is

5*4*(2*7)= 280 possible combinations

How many possible combinations have we found so far?
    280+360=640 possible combinations

Now we have to consider

Set I=(H)'∩E=Pomoromantic

To be continued. At this point, I conclude there are over 640 possible combinations.

#1 Reptillian, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. Divopix

Re: Mathematical analysis of possible romantic/sexual+orientations/nonorientations an

Do I even attempt to read this? I don't think I'll be able to understand :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Mathematical analysis of possible romantic/sexual+orientations/nonorientations an

l just lost any hard on l ever had the potential of having. Which, l mean...but yeah.

4. Cthulhu

Oh I see...

5. Harve

I thought you could just use the combination formula but I'm not sure how to do it when the possible values are grouped (i.e. some are incompatible with each other)

Whatever. You are what you are. Let's get urbandictionary's opinion:

Adam: "I used to think I was bi, but I realized that sexuality is so much more complicated than that. What does that make me?"

Dave: "Queer?"

Adam: "But I'm also a sesquipedalian circumloquacious obscurantist douchebag, and I want to keep my liberation confined to the academically privileged."

Dave: "Oh! You're totally pomosexual."

I swear the last five posts I've made have been insulting people oops.

6. 461 467

Ok, I have never studied combinatoric number theory, so this is a bit out of my element, but I do believe you should be doing something here involving permutations. (i.e., the factorial function, a product of the series of "k," as "k" runs from 1 to "n," for all "n" that are an element of the set of natural numbers.)

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people

lollll

8. Ticklish Fish

I got lost ever since those prefixed sexual words come up...

I mean, I haven't even look at the formula

9. Reptillian

Yeah, some are incompatible with each other which is why one has to resort to using set theory mathematics in order to figure out all of them without conflicts with each other. Permutations isn't gonna work when figuring out the amount of all the possible ones due to the incompatibility issues and it's not about order.

#9 Reptillian, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  10. 461 467

Off topic, for any math lovers here, my username is a pair of "sexy primes." I figured that was appropriate enough for a forum that deals with topics of sexuality. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: