1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A friend's anger made me question myself. Need opinion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jadakiss97, Jan 31, 2013.

1. jadakiss97

So I'm in love with this girl but right now it's impossible to be together due to her parents hatred of me. We talk every second we can and often about the future and we see us in it. But I have a boyfriend. But its not like I share the same feelings for him as I do her. Anyway, a friend of mine got mad at me and told me I was just leading the boy on but I told her that I've told him there is a boundary and he'll always be more of a best friend. She was still pissed and told me I should stop hanging onto the girl (which I wont). I never thought I was doing something wrong. I mean, is this qualified as cheating? Am I doing the wrong thing by being with someone while wanting desperately to be with someone else??

2. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ehh, you are leading the guy on. In my opinion. If you don't want to be with him then don't be. Simple as that. You should allow him the respect to move on with his life as well. He needs to be with someone that wants him just as much as you want that other person. :slight_smile:

3. jp16

I couldn't agree more.:thumbsup:

4. prism

Yes. Sorry, girl, but I was in the exact same situation. I started dating a boy knowing full well that I was still in love with a girl. It's not easy, but you should break up with him.

Wouldn't you be upset if you were in a relationship with the girl you loved, but she "desperately wanted to be with someone else"?

In my opinion, it's emotional cheating.

5. FemCasanova

I think it depends a bit on one thing; does he know that you are in love with a girl, and that as soon as you can you`ll be with her instead? If he knows, and is fine with it, then I don`t see anything wrong in the situation.

In any case, you aren`t technically cheating, but if he has any illution that it will be the two of you forever, or that you have the same feelings for him as he has for you, if he does, then I can see a possibility there for him to get pretty hurt later on. You might want to think a bit on that. I can understand that you want to be with someone, and since you cannot have the girl you want you just have a temporary arrangement with someone else, but that only works when the other person is aware of the situation, so that if/when you leave for her, he won`t be shocked/hurt, etc. I have had friends who has had arrangements that seemed weird for others. But then they both agreed on it, one wasn`t left wondering in the shadows.