1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musicians?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rivers, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Rivers

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there were some other musicians on here. I have a real passion for music!

What instrument(s) do you play? Are you in a band or orchestra?

I play the cello and sax somewhat proficiently, and the piano and guitar just a bit. I play in an orchestra and my beloved marching band. :icon_bigg

2. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I play the guitar and drums! Guitar for about seven years now, and drums about 2. I play in my school's band, and I sometimes play around at my work (I work in a music shop, so!) but yeah. I also like to record my music and share it around.

3. Oh hell yeah! It's my dream job. I wanna start playing in some small bars and clubs during the summer.

I play piano and the guitar. Piano for a couple years guitar for something around 4 or 5 years which DEFINITELY gave me an advantage on the piano. When I'm not doing that I'm collecting vinyl as I'm a dweeb. (With the right setup it really does sound better.) Right now my collection is mainly Bob Dylan, Tom Waits and Leonard Cohen but I'm gonna start fleshing it out some more.

My school actually has a guitar class which I just finished it was the most fun I've ever had in school and everyone got quite close and on the last day tears were shed by many. Thinking of joining a few music programs too like our cover band and maybe the jazz band or something.

In conclusion Music? Yes! Me? Dweeb. School? Freakin' amazing.

4. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You play cello and sax!? That's freaking amazing! Violin, Cello, and Sax are some my top favorite instruments. Well, piano and flute too.. and harp... And every other instrument :lol:

I play violin and euphonium. The euphonium was really only so I could join marching band (which I love) but my passion is definitely the violin. Sadly, I only started a year and a half ago so I have no professional future in it, but I play it because I absolutely love it.

I took lessons for a year and a couple months, then stopped completely on violin for about 6 months due to some stress and stuff. About a month ago I picked it up again and I plan to play for the rest of my life :thumbsup:

I love playing Euphonium in band though, it's fun and easy. We don't have an orchestra at my small-town school though, which really sucks. Plus, I don't personally know anyone who plays any stringed instruments, so that sucks too! I would love a string duet or trio lol

Dang, I went on a rant there, but I can't help it I love music!

5. I really wish I played violin, when it's done right it can bring me to my knees. Plus it looks fun.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have minimal piano experience, and about as much on the guitar and bass. I never practice with them, so am mostly useless with instruments, but I love music, and have been told by many I'm an excellent singer.

My musical idol is Billy Joel. I can sing a few of his songs beginning to end, but let me tell you, he is *hard* to do. Insane range and nearly as much vocal agility as Steve Perry (who is pretty much untouchable as a rock singer lol). Someday when I have the time and money, I hope to take up the piano again so I can share even a tiny bit of his musical wizardry. :grin:

7. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is so much fun (but hard work). And hey, I'm already 15, so it's not too late if you really wanted to play it.

8. Haha I'm good for now man, I've got piano lessons already, thinking of taking a few vocal lessons too just so I can be able to carry a tune so I've got my hands full for the immediate future. Maybe someday though.

9. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I played oboe/clarinet/saxophone in band and orchestra. Mainly oboe in band and clarinet in orchestra. Love music and now I try to write and compose through college since it is more difficult to play!

Also, any other oboists out there? Such a rarity these days! Let us rejoice in hating reed making! >:]

10. 461 467

I play guitar and bass, though not very well. I tend to be more interested in listening to music, and getting into discussions about guitars and gear, from an engineering perspective, on various music forums.

I also enjoy woodworking as a hobby, so I scratchbuilt my dream guitar about a year ago. I started working on a second guitar, as well, but I haven't touched it in a very long time. Everyone is yelling at me to finish the project, but I've been busy with other things. Lol.

I did try to get into keyboard about five years ago, but I figured that it was best to stick to stringed instruments, since I can barely play anyways. Playing guitar is fun, even if you're not particularly talented.

11. Dreamscale

I play guitar and piano. It's my hobby and my passion. I am also part of our school band :grin:, mainly as the lead guitarist. I sometimes do the vocals, too. Hehehe. :icon_bigg I always enjoy it and I am happy whenever I'm making music. :icon_wink

12. DeanIsHome

I currently don't play any instruments any more but i played violin for 3 years and cello for 5 years, i used to play for the school orchestra but i don't play anymore

13. Gen

Gen

I've been playing the piano for...................god, going on 11 years now. (I hadnt even noticed I broke a decade :confused:).

And, no. Pianists are often left out of conventional bands and orchestras.....

14. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I did drumming for 2 years and i have just taken up acoustic guitar. I also sing :slight_smile:

15. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My instrument of choice is guitar. I first began taking lessons when I was 7. Guitar will always be first my love and passion.

I also played trumpet for a few years in middle school (didn't really care for it too much)

I also play a little piano. I've never taken lessons but have become quite adept at playing by ear.

16. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

I have played the tuba for about 5 years now

17. DanD

I was a professional drummer for a few years, after graduating from a London drum academy. However, I've since had to sell every musical thing I owned to pay rent :frowning2: I'd love those days back again.

18. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play clarinet in marching band, pep band and concert band and saxophone in jazz band. I picked up piano as a hobby two years ago and Starting next week I will be taking lessons for violin. I've been in concert and pep band for four years, jazz band for 1.5 years, and marching band for one year.

19. Connor22

Me :slight_smile:

I play guitar, Bass, Drums, Sing, learning bits of Piano and I'm going to Glasgow to study music at uni :grin: Plus I play Bass and Sing and write in a band, have been doing so for the last 2 years and we are knee deep in writing an album, booking shows and getting ourselves ready to kick ass this summer, it's gonna be fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and as all musicians I'm cliche in saying it's what I want to do as a job :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. djt820

Keyboardists are a rarity nowadays. It's hard to snag one, if you're looking for one.

As for me, I primarily play electric bass but also play piano, guitar, ukelele, and sing when I have to. Been playing for 8 years or so.