1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"You look like you're gay"... what?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Theagonist, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Anyways, last year I remember in class a guy told me that it makes sense that I'm gay because I look like I am, and I just randomly thought about it. Keep in mind that my class has a uniform so there's no way that I can fit into a stereotype there. I was wondering if some gay people actually do look they are gay. And What does that mean, I mean you don't just say "heyyyy you look mighty often straight d'air kid". I do have a feminine face, but I have the same face as my brother and my uncle, and they look (and are) fairly masculine, well my uncle cares a lot about his looks, but he's married to a gorgeous woman who's an actress and she's been in True Blood actaully. I am getting off subject; thank you ADD. I do have those moments where I'm like: "well he or she seems like they're gay" by how they look, though I know not all gays are the basic archetpyical gay... concluding that we're all reptilians and can sense each other, of course

2. Kirito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are studies where the average student can actually tell with significant accuracy, whether a male is gay or not just by looking at their face. So although it sounds a bit offensive, there is evidence to show there is some type of distinction. Whether this is natural or something created later on isn't specified. It could be, and I apologize, any stereotypical actions you do or maybe this person has caught your staring at another guy.

With a grain of salt: http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/05may/Pages/gaydar-sense-can-predict-if-a-woman-is-gay.aspx

#2 Kirito, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  3. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do I look like I'm gay? lol

4. Harve

Well you've answered your own question there.

It's also quite difficult to separate behaviour from image. You'd see your masculine brother/uncle and automatically associate their look with masculinity. If you actually are feminine, then it could mean that you are perceived as looking feminine too.

Maybe.