1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Femmes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Okay femmes, how do you get other lesbians to know that you're gay too and how do you stop the boys from hitting on you? Advice please!!!!!

2. Eatthechildren

If you're out boys will probably stop hitting on you ^^ (Sorry that's all I've got :s)

3. Kay

Kay Guest

Or else the guys will tell you they are lesbians trapped in a man's body.

George, You might try Lesbian symbol jewelry or designs on notebooks and such. Making eye contact is always good. If you see someone you are interested in hold the gaze a beat or two longer. You have to be aware of the subtle signs as well. Hugs

4. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've wondered this myself. I would love to do jewelry, but I'm not out enough yet for that...and there are some people at work who will understand. Being so stuck in can't be helpful, I guess.

But, to answer your question...well, I can't, I'm interested in the answers though.

5. Zontar

Give them to me. I can use some...

6. GabrielTai

I handle men in tiers.

1) The first time they hit on me, I'm polite. Tell them that I'm not interested, no further explanation needed. If they can't deal with that and they try again...
    2) I typically tell them they have more anatomy than I find attractive. It both confuses most of them, and serves to tell them I don't find men attractive without having to shout "I'M GAY OK?!"
    3) And if they still don't get the hint, I get mean because sometimes that's what it takes for them to back off. Some examples of being mean include but are not limited to: telling them your penis is bigger, complimenting them on their feminine features (even if they have none), emasculating them in front of their group by showing them up in wit, strength, etc.

As far as women go, there's really not much else I can tell you beyond broadcast it, I guess. I'm a really open person, and I pretty much always have been. If something is on my mind, I just say it and consequences be damned. Yeah, it leads to some awkward situations now and then, but I can't really say that it's a deterrant for me to keep speaking my mind.

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l don't really mind if they hit on me. Since l'm older if any of them give me a hard time l can just blow them off or if they ask about my "situation'' -_- l can just say l'm not dating anyone right now.

With other girls, l find that most of the ones who would be into dating another woman figure it out. Meaning we already know each other in some capacity, l'm not really interested in sending off vibes to girls l don't know lol.

Maybe l'm just too much of an obvious person when turned on but girls can tell whether or not l'd be down for anything xD

8. you put a sticky note on your head that says lesbian and that sorts everything out.
    just kidding. it would be so much easier if i did that though.

you cant stop anyone from hitting on anyone.
    straight girls will hit on gay guys, gay guys will hit on straight guys, straight guys will hit on gay girls .e.t.c

im thinking about wearing a rainbow bracelet. im really bad at hinting my sexuality. like really bad, even to girls i have interest in.

9. Kay

Kay Guest

My femme partner suggests just saying hi how are you to the girl and seeing how your Gaydar reacts. After the introduction play it by ear. Tell her you think she's good looking or compliment her outfit or shoes. There are many ways to start a dialogue. I guess fashion. music and makeup lead the way. These things tell her you have been checking her out. She can make the next move. Hugs

#9 Kay, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

or tattoo 'i dig the chicks' on your forehead.

yeah, everyone will be hit on by somebody one way or another regardless of sexuality or preferences. unless if you make it kind of obvious that you're gay, or bisexual, or what have you.

i've recently started wearing a rainbow bracelet but nobody really understands the symbolism but rather goes 'oh that's pretty! did you make it?' ....yeah. hopefully though it's like a secret mating call for other lesbians and they'll notice. but i've seen had guys look and talk about me but i'm unsure if it was in a sarcastic way or what have you. nobody's hit on me before like that, maybe a few years ago but that's about it. :<

i'm kinda androgynous in some ways and give off a bit of a masculine vibe so maybe that's why i don't really seem to get much attention from guys. but they still enjoy trying to get to know me and things =__= who knows.

11. Jim

Jim

I've not much to offer, as I've never been hit on (to my knowledge anyway)

But you could get one of those rainbow/ lesbian bracelets, or just be very open and confident about your sexuality. Like copy the way guys sort of stare at hot girls' butts, or comment on how pretty a girl is or something like that..

12. Hot Pink

I'm not even femme and I get hit on by men. Not men my own age, mind you, only men that are like twenty years older than me. I have no idea why, but it's creepy.

13. Reptillian

You can't really stop it.

Here's how I stop it, just respond with cold-shoulder or indifference or manipulating their emotions that is if you're a unsympathetic person. Works for both males and females. Needless to say, I driven some people to emotional turmoil for doing this, but meh I don't care.

14. aeva

Guys are tricky. If they're hitting on you and you tell them you're gay, some will take the hint and move on. Others will see it as a challenge, or a chance to divulge their views on the LGBT community. Unless they become physical, it's obnoxious but not something you need to panic about. What gets really bad is when a man has legitimate feelings for you. In the last month, I have been told by 4 male friends that they are in love with me (or still in love with me, in the case of 2 of the guys, who I dated several years ago). The level of guilt I feel about not being able to return their feelings is overwhelming, especially when they tell me they've been crying over me or it's causing a problem with their significant other. So I am zero help in that regard.

I wear a rainbow bracelet, but nobody seems to notice. I think the fact that I hang out with all straight guys also makes people assume that one of them must be my boyfriend. Aligning myself with obviously gay girls seems to be the only tactic that's worked in the past. I wish there was a lesbian bar near me...or a GSA at my college.

15. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This has always been, and is still a problem for me. When guys ask me out, I just tell them I'm not interested in dating right now.

I just recently bought myself a rainbow bracelet, and I'm so surprised by how many people have actually noticed it. Even a cute gay guy at the McDonald's drive-thru noticed it and said he wanted it. XD I've gotten looks from 3 women already. I honestly didn't think the bracelet would work, but it does! :grin:

16. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You rang? :lol:

I wear rainbow stuff and act super friendly to attractive ladies. They usually respond. Open doors and stuff... that's what I do. Plaid also helps! Teehee jk. Those things are what I try. I'm pretty out for the most part, so minus a few exceptions I don't really worry about awkward moments of being found out or if I'd keep my girlfriend a secret or anything. (!)

Also... guys never hit on me... so I can't offer advice on that.

17. Kay

Kay Guest

Plaid you say. Flannel also seems to work. LOL Maybe combat or work books.

18. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I wear plaid a whole lot and guys still seem to not take much of a hint. Or girls for that matter. :confused:

19. Not that I'm planning on hitting on a lot of girls lately haha, but where I am, a lot of girls have that "hipster" style and wear flannel and those types of boots. If I were interested in getting at girls, that probably wouldn't stop me haha. Is plaid a well known lesbian pattern?

20. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Plaid is pretty well known for being a lesbian indicator. Along with combat boots.. guys' shoes, things of that nature. But plaid's like a mating call to lesbians like the feathers on a peacock omg.

Yeah, a lot of girls dress like that now because of the whole hipster style movement thing. =__= I'm so confused of who's gay or not because of it. I'd just assume by their hairstyle, or their mannerisms or if they slap a girl's ass. Lol. I think lesbians would be easier to identify if they wore more rainbows.. or gay-related shirts and things.