1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by leer, Feb 2, 2013.

1. leer

So when I was at school I had a paper round and also help around are village shop stacking shelve & going to the wholesalers for stock It took up some of my free time but it kept me busy. It also meant I had a weekly wage used to spend half & save half for the end of the month . anyone else have or had a job after school .

2. caughtbywitness

I have an awesome job I do after school three times a week; it's confusing but if you've ever been horse racing, I write the little comments at the bottom about each horse for french racing. It's awesome :grin:

3. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I worked doing a paper route, and I worked(almost full time) at a hardware store during high school. Once I went to university I decided not to get a job to focus on my studies more.

4. leer

mum always thought that I was getting ripped off with the wages says I was being used as slavelabor .

5. GabrielTai

I worked 40 hours a week at a grocery when I was in high school to pay for my car, insurance, cell phone etc.

6. leer

Gabrieltai thats a heck of allot to go with you school work .

7. GabrielTai

40 and school-work isn't that bad. I could do that without much problem. I ended up dropping out of college because my full time job wasn't enough to cover the bills and picked up a second job. I couldn't focus on my school-work when I was working 74 hours a week, but paying my bills took priority.

8. Crystine

Crystine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I work at a pensione on weekends and sometimes during the week...
    5-7 hours each time, sometimes 10-11 like on New Year's Eve :slight_smile:
    I enjoy doing it, although it's really exhausting since I'm in my last year of grammar school :lol:

(PS: no idea how you manage working 40hrs/week... that's really impressive O_O)

#8 Crystine, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  9. GabrielTai

High School was from 0800 - 1500. Work from 1600-2300 five days per week. usually I did my school work on my lunch break or on the bus in the morning. The bus usually came by the house at about 0600. I'm going back to college in the fall and I'll be working between 35 and 43 hours per week. But I will have plenty of time at work to do my school work :slight_smile:

I've been working pretty much constantly to save money for school. I had 2 jobs last year from July to december and between them I worked 65-75 hours every week. I used my primary job to pay my bills and just saved every bit of the earnings from my second job. I took about 2 months off from working two jobs, but I'm about to pick a second job up again to build my saftey net back up before college in the fall. Unfortunately, I ended up spending my college money on fixing my car.

10. I took a job as soon as I started college, with shifts running throughout the day, and some from 2100 hours to 0200 hours in the morning. It was quite interesting and fun. But nowadays, I work much less at another job for about 2 hours a day.

11. DanD

I think I was either 11 or 12 when I had my only paper route, and it lasted until I started full-time employment after turning 17.

I was picked up in a car by the lady who owned the route, and it was HUGE. She knocked on my door a little after 2 am, and I was always dropped off at 8:25 am - the school bus left at 8:30 which gave me 5 minutes to get cleaned up and have breakfast (not good), and this was seven days a week.
    On top of that, I worked every Saturday and Sunday for a local forestry guy, who has since died, and I was starting at 9 am until either 5 or 6 pm, depending on how busy we were.

To this day, I have no idea how in the hell I managed to get any homework done, but I do feel as though I missed out on an awful lot of my childhood which still makes me a little bitter to this day. I try my best not to think about it, as I wouldn't let my children (if I had any) go through that.

12. leer

that would have killed me Dan 2am start f'ck that

13. DanD

My job's a little easier these days, although I have to get up at 4:30 am lol but I finish at 10 am :slight_smile: so lots of time to write novels. Only thing is, I'm always skint because of the awful pay, so I'm hoping for either a lottery win or a major publishing deal to come round the corner sometime soon:dry:

14. castle walls

I decided that focusing solely on school was the best option. I thought it would be better if I had a guaranteed early graduation instead of working and staying in college for 4-6 years.

Back in high school, I didn't work either. I decided to focus on getting college credit early instead