1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a new house built

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lynngv, Feb 2, 2013.

1. lynngv

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    My fiance AJ and I are going to have a new house built end of this month,Start on the 25th.This is the starting,hopefully takes 3 to 4 monthes to build.Planned this out in October with an architecht and he has been good to us so far.AJ bought the property where the house is going 4 years ago,did not start because of the divorce of the marriage of his ex wife.AJ and I are both satisfied,we both have our closets for our clothes.The house we are in,been added on so much and was better off buying a new house or have one built.AJ and I do watch Holmes on Homes,eduacated us on picking a good contractor because there are bad ones out there.The contractor we picked was heavily recomended and he has a great record.It is going to be bigger than our current home and enjoying what the architecht though of,bigger kitchen,a game room with a bar including a gun room.

2. RainbowMan

Congrats! Living here in NYC, that would be pretty much impossible for a person of normal means - no way to buy the land that's empty, and tons of landmark preservation laws if you were to buy something with the intent of tearing it down (gut renovation is fine, and that's what's done alot).