1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone here decided to not come out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Count Duckula, Feb 2, 2013.

?

Has anyone here decided to not come out?

1. Yes, I've decided I never want to come out.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. I once made that decision, but later changed my mind.

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. No, I can't imagine staying in the closet my whole life.

21 vote(s)
    53.8%
  4. Undecided.

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Of course, most people would want to come out, but I'm wondering if anyone has made the decision to stay in the closet for the rest of their life, or if maybe someone had made that decision and later changed their mind. I ask because I'm still struggling with that age old question: To come out or not to come out? I'm considering never coming out and just ignoring my gayness, but I haven't yet given up on the idea of coming out. I'm just curious and want to see if there are others who share my thought or if I'm alone on this one.

2. MerBear

i decided im not for various reasons

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Te only reason l do intend on coming out is so l won't be foreveralone. Though some people keep relationships secret. l wouldn't want to do that.

But l view my sexuality as a private matter, not out of shame. Like any of my other business is private. When l am "out" officially and to whatever capacity that will be, it will be on a need to know or whoever asks basis.

4. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

You're not alone. This goes in my mind all the time too. Just recently, I lost the perfect opportunity to come out to one of my best friends out of fear, idk. Sometimes I think 'It's fine, they don't need to know. I still can have a "normal" life' but I don't know. It's different for me in a way as I can be attracted to guys as well but I don't want to pass the opportunity to be happy with someone if this person just happens to be a girl. I did it in the past (in other context) and I don't want to repeat it, but it's still hard and confusing.

5. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I first came out to myself I felt that way. There was a lot of other shit going on in my life, on top of my anxiety issues. I didn't feel like coming out would be worth it. After things settled down, my feelings changed. It still took two years after that for me to finally come out (just started at the beginning of October.) Hiding hurt too much, and I didn't want to turn into a crazy cat lady and die alone.

6. thegaymer

as the "dumb teen" that i apparently am, im considering moving far away (like another state) from my parents when i am able to and i might come out then. but that might just be a stupid idea

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    this is also my stupid idea lol.

l think it's a good way to get perspective, part of it is that l don't want to deal with my family's reaction but another part is that it just seems easier.

But yeah, when you're a legal adult lol.

8. ForceAndVerve

Pretty much this. It's funny coz everyone in my life is very liberal and not homophobic in the slightest but I still remain in the closet because I really can't be arsed having to deal with people's reaction's and how they may treat me differently. I like things as they are thank you very much. No need to rock the boat at this moment in time. That and what Miss BBQ said. :lol:

However, with an eye to the future...I can see myself coming out. The main catalyst for which would probably be me actually getting a BF. For me, that would actually give me a reason to come out or rather for people to become aware of my sexuality.

In any case, I don't believe in announcing my sexuality to anyone. When I feel like letting people know, and people actually express and interest in knowing, I'll let them know.

Oh and the idea of being closest for the rest of my life, I can't imagine it...I don't wanna be alone forever! :tears:

9. Reptillian

What I do in bed is no one's business.

10. Kirito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I too thought about this once. But I don't think my parents would mind that much. I do believe it'd be best to wait until I'm financially stable though. As for going away, I've thought about Citizenships to other countries or states/cities but wouldn't want to move just because of that. Though others might, since I live a relatively accepting area.

#10 Kirito, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly don't know where I would be if I did not come out. Before I came out, I was really depressed and I felt like there was no point to life. I felt like I was just not being true to myself.

Now that I have come out, I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. I still have times where I feel depressed, but it's not nearly as bad as it was before. I can finally act how I truly feel. That's a great feeling.

12. I think I would die if I never came out, to be honest...

13. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've came out to my best friends, and then people on different forums I know, also now, but I don't think my family will know until they learn I have a girlfriend. I couldn't imagine being in the closet forever.

14. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This! Exactly this.

15. Thank you so much for all the responses. It's nice to know that many of you have had similar thoughts to mine. I didn't expect it.

16. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    :lol:

l think you;re saying a lot of what l'm thinking. For me it really is that l can't get into the reactions and everything, but not out of shame. l just VERY much don't want to feel like l'm...l dunno...responsible for everyone's reactions somehow?

Hard to explain but basically l just cannot be arsed like you said. For me it's like, l like the color green and l don't give a shet. And if l told other people, they wouldn't give a shet either.

l also like GIRLS and l don't give a shet, lt is pretty much on the same level for me at this point. But if l told other people l have to deal with their reactions which will NOT be in accordance with what l feel...lol.

Mostly just too extreme and l can't even put on the fake emotional coming out meltdown with them :confused:

cannot be arsed xD

17. This is largely what is going on in my head also. My family and friends would accept me, but they would still see me differently, and that is a thought I can't stand.
    I could also see having a girlfriend motivating me to come out, but my problem is that I would first need to come out to some extent to get the girl in the first place.

18. SparkDT

I never thought I'd come out at first but I definitely don't regret doing it.

19. Sinisteress

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When i first thought about coming out, i was really scared and kept it a secret from my family and friends for over a year. To be honest it was drove me insane, i was quite depressed because i thought of all the bad things that might/could happen if i were to come out. I changed my mind the moment i thought about self harm. I told my step mum, my dad and my grandparents, friends and other family members. All of which were okay with it.. if some weren't at first they are now.
    Now everyone knows that i am a Lesbian and i can't be happier. Even if those who have a problem with it try to bring me down, i just think of the ratio between those who will stand by me and those who won't. Which is good because the ones who stand by me wins every time.

20. Eatthechildren

I'm staying in the closet for now. I'll come out about my sexuality after year 11 I think :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: