1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guys are you awkward around other guys ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Alexander69

I am so awkward around guys but not girls. Anyone else

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, so much it's painful sometimes :/

I have gotten way better though. I'm generally awkward anyways, but with guys it's worse. I wish I could just -kill- the awkwardness :dry:

3. photoguy93

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

If this became some sort of video chat site, I'd leave quicker than lightning.
    I almost can't even speak around guys anymore. It's not even cute - it's just flat out embarrassing. And it's getting so bad that I am even getting to the point where it's a problem on social network sites.

4. Gen

Gen

Not at all. The majority of my friends are male. Even then I have many feminine male friends and many masculine male friends and I get along with them all equally. My personal expression is overall very balanced and neutral, which I guess could be why I get along with all types of people.

Or I'm just that cool..................... (No, probably not. ;_; )

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only when I'm near a guy I'm attracted to, but I'm generally good at communicating.

6. ForceAndVerve

No, not really. Practically all my friends are male. The only issue I have is if the other guy is extremely cute, then I might have a second of "Ohhhh shit this guy's hot" but nothing major.

7. worriedWardrobe

Not at all! Talking to people is pretty easy for me. Even if I choose not to do it

8. photoguy93

How the heck is it so easy? Like, are you all from such super liberal areas?

Wait.....answer this - are you masculine? And have things in common with guys?

Because I'm feminine. I have nothing in common with guys and I don't see the benefit. Haha.

9. DeanIsHome

Actually no, it doesn't matter if hes a guy I'm only awkward if I like him, but I do feel a little awkward with girls for some reason, they make me feel..... well when I'm around some girls I feel like they can tell I'm gay and it seems like they're glaring at me.

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

Yeah I'm pretty much masculine I think, I don't care for clothes, love sports, and I don't like shopping except for shoes.

10. worriedWardrobe

I don't really label myself with anything other than "male" and "gay". I just am what I am, and I find that if I just do what I like then I can find common ground with almost anyone.

11. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much the same.

I mean, I love sports, I don't "sound" or "act" gay. But feeling comfortable around anyone just takes practice. I used to be quite awkward in social situations with people I wasn't close to, but I've improved dramatically (and was forced to with my college major) because I'm far more involved in social activities. I think when you put yourself out there more, being able to talk to people starts to become easier

12. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Outside of my male friends, yes I am a bit awkward and uncomfortable around guys. Females I have no problem with though and can talk to them right away without knowing them at all.

13. photoguy93

I figured - y'all pretty much answered my question.

Masculine gays can be friends with guys. I know there's no way I could. I'm not super flamboyant, but I'm obvious.

I can totally talk to people. I love my friends and being social. But guys? Nope. They don't like me and I guess I don't get along with them.

14. Your Pal DK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't have a problem socializing with other guys whether I find them attractive or not. Communicating comes easy to me and I am really relatable.
    I wouldn't say I'm a macho masculine man, no, but nor am I very feminine, most of my guy friends love sports where as I have no interest aside from working out.
    Try talking about things that most people can find relatable, such as current events (global/national/local news) or try commenting on things going on around you at the time. Just try remaining calm; I used to have problems with social anxiety, I know it isn't easy but it helps.

15. Xochipilli

Yes!! :icon_redf
    I'm so painfully awkward. I can't hold a conversation with most straight guys, especially when they speak of females and sports. Anything I say is followed by a long and torturous silence.
    Bleh!!

16. photoguy93

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, gosh..maybe I'm just not meant to be friends with guys. What's the point, if it's so much work?

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

No. I prefer not to be around men if I can help it, but when I am, I'm cordial just like I would be with anyone else.

18. photoguy93

I'd probably really enjoy it. But I just can't really see that happening. There's no guys around my area that would want a gay kid like me being around. And frankly, I'd see them as sex objects. It's sad, but I just don't think you can be true friends with the sex you are interested in, unless your orientation is for everyone, then you have adapted to it.

19. Gen

Gen

I'm quite expressionally androgynous(slightly more so feminine than masculine), and I have still never had a problem with it. I mean, when I speak to my female/male/masculine/feminine/etc friends I havent found there to be that much of a difference in content.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'things in common'. I'm not into sports, nor cars, nor anything else male-stereotypical. But I havent need to have many physical things in common with my friends. Theres only so much you can talk about hobbies. Being able to hold a conversation and connect is really the only thing you really use in a friendship.

California is sometimes seen as very liberal, but I dont think that would have an effect on compatibility.

20. photoguy93

You make very valid points. I have very little common "hobbies" with my friends. But the thing is - we think a lot alike. My friends are kind, caring, loving, generous. They are wonderful. A lot of guys don't scream these characteristics.

And I admit - I'm not going to talk to a random guy because I'm too afraid he's going to freak.