1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone Marketers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

I just got a phone call from someone 'claiming' to be from an 02 insurance thingy and I was all like 'urm i dont think im interested in that' and they were all like 'why, am i not a good sales person?'

So I just hung up -.- I hate them so much lol

Does this happen alot to you? This is the first time its happend to me.

2. Micah

Once my brother answered a call on his mobile from a telephone company trying to get him to switch to their service.

My brother got into a heated argument with her about the different services and benefits that they offer, asking her seemingly stupid questions such as "do you provide good telephones?".

He kept this up for about 8 minutes, until his final question was "What about Siemens? Do you have siemen?" to which she replied "No - I don't have any semen".

There was a short pause and then she quickly hung up.

3. Jeimuzu

Wow, a guilt trip marketer. They really do try everything.

Or maybe it was ihs first day... Most phone marketers are students who do it as an extra job, at least around here.

I find the way to get rid of them is to tell them you don't have any money. They swiftly lose interest.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah lol! I didn't know how to respond >.<

And Micah, I'll have to try that next time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. davo-man

We get them a lot, especially on our house phone, most inconveniently at dinner time. I am usually polite, cos I figure they're just trying to make money to feed themsleves (it's not like it's a hugely lucrative job) and they prob get crap from a lot of people. So I assertively say that I am very happy with my phone plan and that I'm not interested in changing.

I know this is slightly not on topic, but it's to do with annoying things on the phone, plus it's funny:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEp5yc-g3A&feature=user[/YOUTUBE]

6. InaRut

It happens more then you would think

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bF5bVi5wKQ[/YOUTUBE]

7. Jeimuzu

Ooh, try and sound drunk. And maybe ask personal questions in a slurred tone of voice.

8. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

God I hate these people. Their is this electric company that calls...EVERYDAY! Offering discounts I know it's rude but when I pick up I just hang up or if my mom is talking to them if I can manage I take the phone and say not interested. But yah maybe you should ask them if their single? lol

9. SkyTears

Were I live you can put yourself on a do not call list and if they end up calling you they can get charged a lot (I for get how much) and when you tell them this they say "Oh, I'm so sorry" and hang up right away. It's aways quite funny

10. lostinthought9

i HATE telemarketers!!! they're soooo annoying!!!!! they call our house more than our friends and family members do! i swear!!! everytime i pick up the phone, i say something mean and say quit calling! we dont want anything!! and then hang up...lol

11. Alexander

I like leading them on then hanging up right before it seems like I'm going to buy something :grin:

Giving the phone to my 6 year old female cousin works too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Connor

Connor Guest

If they asked that question on my phone I'd say incredibly insulting and cruel things until they hung up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It'd be amusing to me to just chat to a randomer sales person.

13. Jim1454

Is anyone NOT annoyed by telemarketers?

What is even more annoying is the fact that usually they're looking for the last people tha thad my phone number - they don't even want to talk to me!

I have to confess that I did keep the guy from a competing cell phone company on the phone a long time - just to keep him from making any other sales during that period. :badgrin:

14. Hepcat

Well for a while I used to answer the phone in a foreign accent just saying 'Allo? Then if it was someone for my parents I'd speak normally and give the phone to them, but if it wasn't, if it was a phone marketer or someone I knew, I would just start speaking French, and see how long it took for them to hang up.

15. TriBi

We also have a 'do not call list' operating here. I put my home and mobile (cell) phone numbers on it the day it started...and I haven't had one spam call since :grin:

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We have that here too, and it does seem to work. I get maybe one a month, and that is usually the automated one telling me I've won a prize.

17. Jonathan

One of my brother's jobs is a phone marketer. We make fun of him all the time, saying that he spends 5 hours getting hung up on lol.

18. Quitex

Quitex Guest

That's soooo mean!
    However they're very annoying. Well what's worse is being someone who works for hotels.com and EVERY SINGLE TIME you try to contact the hotel they hung up on you. Or leave you hanging on the hold music forever and THEN they hung up

[/rant]

19. Sexiican01

i always hang up
    o:

and i wonder if they like kill themselves
    after getting hung up on

i think it's embarrasing
    Q_Q

20. biisme

i know a bunch of people that have made horrible comments like:
    "that person died earlier in the week" *hang up*

one of my friends said:
    "MOM, you can milk the cows LATER!!!! TELEPHONE CALL!!!" *hang up*

and....my all-time favorite!!! (my dad)

"I'm busy right now....is there any chance i could call you back later? perhaps at your home phone if you've left work? no? you don't want that? good, now you know how i feel."