1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody from india ?? :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by davidroberts, Feb 3, 2013.

1. davidroberts

was jus curious to know are there many ppl from india or indian origin on ec :grin: :grin:

2. Eatthechildren

My grandfather on my mums side was a Gujarati Parsi ^^

He died before I was born, and most of my Indian family lives in Brighton though :frowning2: So I haven't had much to do with Indian/Parsi culture.

3. davidroberts

great :slight_smile: i live in india. there are hardly any people who are out here as the society is freakishly conservative. :slight_smile: are you out to your family?? :slight_smile:

4. Eatthechildren

Parrrtly. I'm out to my mum (She's a bit of a hippie so she was cool with it) and two of my cousins on my mums side. I'm not out to the rest of my family though, Indian, or my dads family who are Irish and Catholic so ohgodnevertellingthem.
    Are you out to anyone? :slight_smile:

5. GabrielTai

My mom's side of the family is indian. They know practically nothing about me since Im only half. They still talk to Mom and I, but they don't like us much. My mom ran away at 16 and married my dad instead of the well-to-do indian man she was supposed to marry. So, they don't know Im gay since Im pretty sure that information would make my grandma have a heart attack. Im hoping they don't ever ask me because I wont lie. But I really don't wanna be responsible for killing my grandma.

6. davidroberts

dats great dat ur mom is supportive :slight_smile: i wish your dad cud understand it ever. ya i m out to one friend. he is not very comfortable talking abt it but he cares for me a lot so i m sure he ll keep my secret. :slight_smile: and he has kept it well for s few months now. my family is supportive about evrything else but i m sure they will freak out when i tell them. so i m waiting to get my choice of line in speciatlity med and then go abroad to hv a better life :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2013 at 08:30 PM ----------

its better if u dnt tell her. grandparents are from a generation which we cnt expect to understand all this :slight_smile: dat was brave of ur mom :slight_smile: so are you out to your mom? how did she take it?? :slight_smile:

7. GabrielTai

I am out to my mom. She was ok about it but for a few years she kept asking me about guys and if I was interested in them. She quit doing that a couple years ago. She's realized that im gay and its not changing so she's just accepted it. Im out to my dad as well and he waffles back and forth on it because he's a christian. But he always says that no matter what he will always love me and support whatever I do in life. My whole family has been pretty great about it. The ones who aren't as ok with it just don't talk about it.

8. davidroberts

dats great :slight_smile: you are lucky :slight_smile: if your immediate family is okay about it who cares what the rest of it thinks . i hope my family understands someday...(*hug*)

9. cassexy

cassexy Guest

hi, i live in india, i am an indian, please contact me, i am on lookout for indians in ec

10. davidroberts

hi i m from india too. its hard to find indians here

11. davidroberts

12. freeskies

i am an Indian from India too! I am not out to anyone yet! But i believe some do suspect :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It is strange though, not many Indians on EC

13. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents are Indian (Malayali) but I was born and grew up in the US. I'm not out because my family is also Catholic, so they are very traditional, and it's hard not knowing anyone else from my family or even the larger Indian community who is out.

14. Snixx

Snixx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's exactly the same with me. My parents are also Malayali, as am I — I go back on a basis of every two years, and seeing my relatives is always wonderful. Ultimately, though, I identify as a New Zealander, not as an Indian.

I haven't come out to my parents. Partly because I only recently turned fourteen, and though I know who I am and love myself for it, sharing it with the world is a step I'll a little hesitant to take. I'm unsure as to how my parents will take it; I often to try to experiment as to their reactions, though. From discussions with my father, I know he's supportive of the gay rights movement and disapproves of extremist Catholics who refuse to see that 'love is love'. It's quite reassuring, really. I love my Dad.

I love my Mum, too, but the issue is that she's recently begun to pick up on my effeminate ways. She loves me, and she tries to make me stop that; having spent the majority of her life in India, the idea that I should be 'strong and masculine' in some gender-stereotypical fashion is still with her. I really don't want to disappoint her, of course, but I'm never going to be that. It's something I feel sad about often, really.