1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the Brits...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CTJ, Feb 3, 2013.

1. CTJ

CTJ

2. FruitFly

I strangely really adore Prince Phillip, and usually find him rather hilarious.

"Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?"
    "Dontopedalogy is the science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it, a science which I have practiced for a good many years."

He would have made a wonderful comedian. I've often thought he'd give some of those "funny" quiz show panelists a run for their money...

3. CTJ

CTJ

"If it has four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." Said to a World Wildlife Fund meeting in 1986.

This one had me in stitches, i love the fact that you can count on Prince Phillip for some class A comedy gold.

This has got to be the best quote from him and put on his gravestone on the sad day that he eventually passes.

"It is my invariable custom to say something flattering to begin with so that I shall be excused if by any chance I put my foot in it later on."

4. hello1992

lol, love it!

5. sunnii

Lmao he's so funny. I wish I could have saw the reactions to half the stuff like "you ARE a woman aren't you?"

6. x Wallflower x

Haha only he could get away with saying that stuff i'd love to see the reactions to it.