1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nudity, how shy are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ditz, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Ditz

I just had surgery last week Thursday, and as these things normally go they make you wear one of those gowns that's open at the back with no underwear so that you can properly flash everyone in hospital :eek:

After surgery I woke up connected to drips etc. confined to bed and for two days had to allow nurses to bathe, dress etc me... So not much room to try and shy away from being laid bare... It doesn't bother me, I've been trough this before. Back when I was 21 I was involved in a pretty nasty car accident and had to be bathed dressed etc for 3 months by nurses and eventually by my parents and siblings when I got back home.

Before the accident I was the shyest person when it came down to nudity. My parents had not seen me naked since I was about 7 and I always dressed under towels etc. in the locker rooms at school etc... I was just super shy and embarrassed about my body back then. Of course after the accident I had no choice and in all honesty don't think nudity is much of a big deal anymore... Just wish I had that attitude growing up.

What's your thoughts on nudity, are you shy or not?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Painfully shy... :icon_redf

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I am super shy about my body, in the locker room I change away from everyone else kind of hiding behind my locker door. I also have a habit of changing my shirt by putting it over what I am already wearing and taking off the one underneath. :/ I am wicked shy, I don't even swim for school cause I feel naked and think people will judge me for how I look.

4. AaronG

AaronG Guest

extremely shy... I can't even take off my shirt in front of someone without feeling insecure.

5. Jordz

I guess I'm kinda okay with it

6. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Literally did the same as you. Wasn't in a car accident but i was hospitalized and then people saw me naked all the time. Now... i don't care.
    Weird how when you don't have a choice you're forced to get over your fear. :slight_smile:

7. Lewis

Very! I hope I can find somebody that I can feel comfortable to get naked infront of.

8. ForceAndVerve

OH GOD...I'd be mortified if I had to have someone else wash/dress me. I am incredibly shy when it come to being naked.

9. GabrielTai

I was awkward about it when I was younger. But the older I get, the less important it becomes to me. The thing I have issue with is the "boundary". I'm weird about being the one to breach a boundary. So like...I never kiss a girl first, or initiate physical contact at all if it hasn't already been established that it's ok. And I don't just start stripping off unless they've made it clear that it's cool. But once that barrier is broken between me and someone else, then it stays broken and I'm no longer bashful. I guess I just adjust really quickly.

So, public nudist? Nah. But It doesn't phase me at all to be naked in front of people I know.

10. Cthulhu

I'm very shy.

11. x Wallflower x

I'm very shy i don't even like to see myself naked and it's something i need to work on but i'm just not happy with my body.

12. MichaelB

Not very shy.

I'd be abit reserved about showing all to strangers, but really with people I know, I don't care about it and usually happy to flash haha

13. Ditz

It's interesting... If I think back I was exactly the same until I was forced to be naked in front of other people without any choice. I mean I still won't strip in front of everyone and go walk naked down he street, but its no longer such a big train smash when someone happens to see me in my birthday suite.

14. Cthulhu

I used to swim for my high school's swimming team. Had to wear nothing but a speedo. As someone who is really shy about his body, it was pretty difficult for me.

15. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    xD l should probably be more shy about it. l try to keep up wiht just enough fitness to keep things...perky.

So, as long as they are l like my body, l think it's hot and l can't understand why other people shouldn't see it.

But...it's like an all or nothing thing. l don't wear revealing clothes, somehow that skeezes me out. l don't show much skin while clothed lol. l just wear tight clothes and then become naked when the occassion arises.

#15 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  16. Connor22

haha I love it XD it really doesn't bother me, I shower naked at the pool, get changed in front of people, when friends who are chill with it stay over I sleep naked, I've been skinny dipping with friends and once I even got asked to be drawn naked as a joke and I said yes.... I think that might actually happen. Well that and when I get to uni I might sign myself up to be life drawn, £50 a hour to sit around naked? I've been doing it for free all this time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My body's about average and I'm pretty shy about showing it. I'm okay with wearing shorts and singlets (tank tops), but in a bikini I'm pretty awkward. I need to workout more, lol.

18. themonkey319

As a young kid it kinda weirded me out but now I don't care. I feel like we're just monkeys so what the heck. For the most part we all already know what's goin on under the threads - it's just a matter of details.

19. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Im ok with it. I dont see a problem with it at all

20. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Whoa, that took some serious courage. :thumbsup: