1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comfortable using urinals.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Linthras, Feb 4, 2013.

?

Are you comfortable using urinals?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2013.
  1. No problem at all, even prefer it over a cubicle!

23 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. Can use them, neutral about them.

44 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. Can use them, but prefer not to.

40 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Only in an emergency.

16 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. No way, never.

11 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Not a guy, don't like the idea.

7 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Not a guy, neutral.

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  8. Not a guy, interesting if adapted for other people.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Split from the nudity thread:

Guys are you comfortable using urinals?

(Girls and gender-queer people feel free to voice your opinion as well.)

I am not comfortable at all with urinals.
    Can't understand why, because I have no problem being nude in front of strangers.
    Yet I cannot use urinals for some reason.
    Heck even when I use a cubicle I sometimes can't relieve myself if other people in the room are talking/being loud.

How about you?

2. Mogget

I have no problem with them. Restrooms are about the least sexy places imaginable to me, so there's no sexual content, and in the US at least the restroom culture is very firmly "eyes to the front, no peeking."

3. HelmetBoi

I've never even thought about it, I just use them. The ones you get out in the open street in places like Denmark are an interesting experience!

4. ForceAndVerve

I do feel uncomfortable if there's someone using the urinal right next to me. I will always try to go for the end or corner one so I can at least angle myself away from he person next to me lol. Bit silly I know.

Other than that, I don't care.

5. timo

I don't really care about them, but this:
    But if there's only one free urinal somewhere in the middle I have no problem using that.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind using them, and they're quicker than going in a stall. And since I don't peek at others, any embarrassment is firmly on anybody else. I do try to cover myself as best as possible, though. It's usually not strangers in a restroom to whom I like to show my stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Bolin

I chose 3 different choices:

Can use them, neutral about them.
    If the urinals have a good amount of space between them and have dividers, this is how I feel.

Can use them, but prefer not to.
    If the urinals have dividers, but the dividers have "peeking gaps" or are close together, this is what I feel.

Only in an emergency.
    This is how I feel about urinals that are close together with no dividers. I don't want anyone seeing my business, and I don't want to see theirs. I only use them as a last resort if I'm about to pee myself and no stalls are open.

8. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I allowed for multiple answers for a reason. :icon_wink

As I said for me it's not so much shame, as I have no problem being naked in front of strangers. There's just something about having to relieve myself that I have to do it in private.:confused:

9. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I'm not a guy.
    I put neutral but I'm not sure what that meant.
    I find it interesting but public bathrooms are disgusting either way so...yea.
    Having a penis would be handy only to not touch anything when going to the bathroom.
    Goes to show how much of a germ freak I am :slight_smile:

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

We have those to, don't seemed to be used a lot.
    Which reminds me of another example:
    I once used a cubicle in the centre of square that had wall of see-through glass if you were inside. Basically like this:
    [​IMG]

Had no problems whatsoever, so it clearly isn't about shame or visual contact.

11. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    lemme tell you that l am uncomfortable cleaning them >_> ugh.

are they really necessary? usually there are still stalls in the bathrooms, some men just use the toilets anyway.

it encourages pissing all over things and you can always smell them from outside . Can't imagine if women had a quicker option where we just peed on the floor or something O_______________________________O

#11 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  12. olides84

I am totally comfortable - it's all no big deal to me. But it's good to follow some rules:

[​IMG]

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

When I was younger I would sometimes get bladder shyness if there were other people in the bathroom, and end up not actually peeing after standing at the urinal for a bit.:icon_redf

I'm a bit more comfortable about urinals nowadays though I still prefer more privacy and will go to a urinal at the far end of a row rather than stand close to other pee-ers.

(While I like the extra space due to privacy, I find the whole homophobic rules about urinal use to be silly, as if standing next to another guy peeing somehow makes you gay)

14. Lewis

Avoid them at ALL costs! I'm a cubicle pisser (as my friend calls me). He once even said you can tell that people are gay because they won't pee next to another guy...not true, but in my case it is I guess.

I get pee shy.

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Neutral means: you haven't really thought about it intensively or don't care for the concept/thing itself.
    I agree public bathrooms are dirty quite often.
    And having a penis means having to wash your hands, unless you're just letting it fly anywhere.

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2013 at 07:16 PM ----------

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, as well as the opposite: pissing next to a guy means you're gay.:bang:

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2013 at 07:17 PM ----------

I'm not entirely sure how number 2 is inconsiderate.
    Surely having to take one extra step to reach the last urinal isn't that big of a deal?

16. aeva

I'm a chick, but I think I'd be comfortable using them in most situations. I think I'd actually be more comfortable using a urinal than I am getting completely undressed in front of people. I'm way more self-conscious about other parts of my body than I about my crotch.

Having grown up with a single dad, I had to go with him to the men's bathroom until I was old enough to go by myself. My family is super open about nudity, which extends to leaving the bathroom door open when they're peeing. My best friend insists on going to the bathroom together when we're in public, even when it's just a single-toilet-in-a-room type of deal. By this point I'm so used to peeing in front of people, I can't see why urinals would be a problem.

17. MichaelB

This really.

Contrast with how I don't care about nudity, but for some odd reason I do get really pee shy. I can't even really use a cubical if someone is in the same room... >.>

18. Jordz

^ this, I just kinda feel uncomfortable if someone is next to me

19. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I wouldn't be able to tell you why, but I have a hard time peeing in public bathrooms for some reason. Before going in I have to start focusing on peeing and calming myself down. I know, weird, but if I don't concentrate then I just stand there and I can't pee or I take forever xD

It's so bad that when my boyfriend and I need to go to the bathroom at the same time then we take turns. He goes in first and then I go in once he finishes. Again, no freaking idea as to why it happens xD

Also, I hate people that talk while they go to the bathroom. I just can't. Those people weird me the fuck out lol

20. olides84

The point is some people are uncomfortable as many say in this thread. So taking an end allows the next person to take the other end and be more comfortable. Thus, you are being considerate. Kinda like looking behind you after you go through a door so the door doesn't go flying into the next person's face.