1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jim, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Jim

Jim

What do you guys think I should do with my hair to make it look more manly/butch/typical lesbian?

I don't want to cut it because I'm keeping it this length for comic con in a month or two, and bear in mind that my hair is a stubborn bitch and doesn't quiff very well :'( but does anyone have any ideas as to how I should style my hair, or get it trimmed?

2. Last Gentleman

I know a guy who wears his long hair in a pony tail and he's quite manly.
    But I think his beard does help project the manly image.

3. Jim

Jim

Yeah I look like a girl with long hair. Also it'd take about 2 years to grow it out :/

4. prism

Comic Coooon, you lucky jerk! Who are you cosplaying as?

My younger brother had the same cut as you for a very long time. After months of my badgering, he finally had it cut to this length, though my brother's is styled a bit differently. It made him look a lot older/manlier.

Personally, I really like your hair. I think it's adorable on you. If you want it to quiff, I would suggest investing in some type of curling iron. I twirl a straighter to get my hair to feather and they stay all day (with hairspray).
    On girls, I would say the shorter the better if you're going for a more andro/butch look.

5. Jim

Jim

:grin: I'm going as Karkat Vantas (from Homestuck), Merlin (BBC) and Castiel from Supernatural. Cas has pretty short hair, so I'm probably gonna cosplay him on the last day and trim my hair before going.

That said though, comic con isn't for a few months, and my hair does grow VERY quickly, so I might just be brave and get a proper boy-short cut :grin:

6. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Oh wow! I looked at your pics and the picture in the album "My face and other things" where you are wearing a black tie and white shirt, really stood out to me. You are very cute : ))) I think that haircut looks really good!!

7. Jim

Jim

Thank you!! That's what my hair was like before I cut it off, so if I wait a few months it'll go back to that.

8. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Definitely do it!! I think it really does look great!

9. PurpleCrab

What I do is I just brush my hair and tie it in ponytail at a low part behind my head, just above the neck. If I want to look more polished I brush it really tight when still wet with a bit of gel before tying it.
    The highest the ponytail is, the girliest it looks. Reverse is also true!

10. GayJay

I have mine quite like yours, but it comes more onto my face from the side and if longer on the other side.
    Deffo think we have the best hair lenth for passing, if mine gets a little too long people just mistake me for a emo kinda girl. And weirdly the more of my forehead i whow the more girly i look. So if your like me, deffo dont get it cut too short.
    If your hair was mine i probs just trim it but pretty much leave it that lenth, and bring the sideburn area onto my face a little.