1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gays who say "faggot"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Feb 4, 2013.

?

Is it fine if gays to use the word "faggot"?

1. Sure/It depends

63 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. No, it's offensive and wrong!

36 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Other (state below)

15 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. I've noticed a disturbing trend of gays calling each other faggots, in a serious tone. I was in a party, and a fight broke out. One guy who was actually gay said "fucking faggots don't know how to act in a party." A lot of the times other gay guys just call each other it playing around. But sometimes they use "faggot" to describe other gays they don't like.

What's your opinion? Should gays call other gays "faggots?"

2. Jim

Jim

Meh I think it could be a good thing, because if gay guys start adopting it then homophobes may stop using it in a derogative manner. But I personally hate the word and find it very offensive, so I don't really like anyone using it..

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l don't care. Just like l mind my business when the N word is used lol.

4. Minx

I only use it on homophobes.

They make this :eek: face.

Never thought to use it on other gay guys. :grin:

5. MerBear

i dont like the word "faggot" period

6. Colours

I agree. I think it's a good thing. That way it won't only be offensive towards gays. Maybe this way, it'll be a new word for 'idiot' or whatever in the future. :slight_smile:

7. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not my preferred insult so I don't use it.

I hate to use this example but this sums up things pretty well

South Park - Fag - YouTube

8. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I choose other because it can be okay, but unfortunately there's a lot of straight guys who think it's funny to call everyone a faggot and it drives me crazy. Especially in high school. They'll be like "haha that guy looks like a faggot" and it really pisses me off.

9. Minx

Straight guys use it on so many other straight guys, I'm starting to think the word stands for straight idiots nowadays.

10. Lewis

It is what it is. The only way it can offend us is if we let it. It's a harmless word.

11. GayforGuys

Agreeing with what Jim said earlier, if Gay guys starting using it, it would 'hopefully' stop people using the word in a derogatory manner.
    I'll be the first to admit I sometimes use in a joking manner with my Gay friend, so depending on the situation it can be a good or a bad thing.
    It only annoys me when it IS used in an insulting way, "God, that guy is such a Faggot".
    Being called a Faggot myself, it's always funny to reply with "Yeah....so what dude?" The poor things never know how to react and move along.

12. Level75

I don't like the word and would never use it. I try to be very respectful about these kinds of things. So I won't use "faggot", or any sort of racial slur, or call someone a "retard". And I'm particularly disapproving of gay people that use it on each other as an insult.

I can somewhat understand if somebody is calling someone a "faggot" ironically, but even then, it's not something I myself would do.

People would just find some other word. There was a time when "idiot" was a clinical term.

13. kem

kem

I use it when I say "do it faggot", but the word loses its meaning in the context of the phrase.

14. So how can I step "letting" it offend me? Because to me it's not even close to harmless

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I don't see a problem with gay guys calling each other "faggot", they're allowed to, just like lesbians can use the word "dyke" and black people can use the n-word. As long as you're in the right group so you know it's not intended to be hateful.

16. photoguy93

I hate the word....but I use it. When I get really mad at another guy, I mutter it to myself. I really never want to use it in public, so I keep it to myself.

17. themonkey319

Yeah I think it's about context. If it's just said in passing I don't really care. But if someone uses it as a genuine insult, then it really takes a different tone. It's one thing for a friend to say "You would order a margarita, faggot" (distasteful but that's sort of the humor in it) and a completely different thing for the bartender to say "There's no room for faggots at this bar" (insulting discrimination). Just my opinion, I never use the word. I'll sometimes say that something that I don't like is gay, like "Ugh this traffic is so gay" but even that's pretty rare. No problem really with gays saying things like this as long as they take on a jovial tone.

18. Connor22

I say it to freak people out, like I'm with a group of friends and I'm like "look at that faggot" and they're all like "WHAT YOU CANT CALL HIM THAT blah blah blah" and I'm like tehehehehe

19. Lewis

Well it's a word. It's what you associate with it that offends you. My best friend throws it around all the time, knows that I'm gay, but he loves me regardless of my sexuality. That's my opinion though, if it offends you then I completely understand. That's just how I see it, I've spent half my life 'letting' things offend me and I'm just beyond caring these days.

20. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if its used to offend someone then it shouldn't be used otherwise sure i see no problem about it