1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horny giving off hormones?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Alexander69

So I was wondering if when you are extremely horny do you give off a hormone ? That others smell

2. DMack

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Amazing question lol...you now have me wondering this myself. I wouldn't think so but its possible. I just don't think you'd be able to pick up on it walking past someone.

3. GabrielTai

yes, actually :slight_smile:

Sexual Pheromones: Myth or Reality? | LiveScience

Science hasn't pin-pointed them yet, but they do exist. All animals produce certain pheromones that have a certain job. Not all of them are sexual, but there are a few that do basically say "Hey! I'm here and ready for some lovin" lol. Of course, as far as we know, there isn't a catch all pheromone that flocks people to you. Different people are attracted by different pheromones, or repulsed by some. I'm very interested to see where science goes with this!

4. aMiMe

thats awesome

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

As mentioned above, yes. There are indeed pheromones.

There are pheromones for so many unbelievable things in the human body. There are even pheromones that are released when you're feeling lonely and desperate for someone, although that pheromone is considered repulsive, so I think evolution fucked that one up.

All the best.

6. Rawr Ima Bear

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If pheromones worked, imagine the market for bottled pheromones.

7. PeteNJ

Have you seen the ad for Athena Athena Institute-Research, Books and Pheromones from the work of Dr. Winnifred Cutler that has been running in men's magazines for as long as I can remember (mind out of the gutter guys --car, sports, fitness magazines ;-) ).

I have to say, if this stuff really worked, she'd be a billionaire by now.

Though as a gay guy, would I buy the pheromones sold for straight men?? Would those pheromones attract gay men? Or would I be standing at the bar suddenly surrounded by hot straight women, to whom I'm not attracted :badgrin:

Ok -- cause I'm way skeptical of this... I'm going to send them an email and ask them which one a gay man should buy to get laid. :badgrin:

8. June Cleaver

I definently think pheromones exist. Since puberty I have always had a strange effect on men sexaully. I used to think it was because of my looks, but at 40 nothing has changed with age. Guys often tell me I smell great even though I use all uncented products. If I use any scented products it turns sweet and makes me smell like a French whore. Pheromones are the only explination I can come up with. June

9. leer

god i wish you could bottle something like this .

10. Alexander69

:frowning2: :O oh shit I'm repulsive then LMAO but I wear like sooooo much cologne! I didn't realize that cologne works with your genes like this lady was telling me and I was like I have good genes then because I can wear any cologne ad it smells great on me :/ hmmmm

11. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l can sense the horny from other people and also feel it emanating from myself. AND sense other people sensing it, lol :/

12. PeteNJ

Heres the response to whether as a gay man, I should buy the pheromones designed for men to attract women, or the one for women to attract men, since I'm only interested in men. :icon_wink

It seems to boil down to whether I want to attract someone more dominant or less dominant :icon_bigg

Thank you for your inquiry. In re your question about which product to buy

We do not have clear data from scientific research to guide our answer. Many gay customers have reordered and mentioned preferences for either 10:13 [that's the one for women to attract men] or 10X [the one for men to attract women].

Our impression is this is a personal choice in part determined by individual idiosyncrasies.

Sorry we cannot advise better. In general 10:13 attracts more dominant and 10X attracts less dominant individuals.

13. Equalist

Equalist Guest

Pheromones act as way of communication within other species, but not particularly for humans. I'm not sure as to whether or not humans even produce the hormone, but if they do, their effects are completely negligible. The olfactory senses are the least significant for humans; visual and auditory senses completely outweigh olfactory senses for humans in terms of how we communicate with people, and since this question is relating to a form of communication, no, there is no significance to any scent or hormone released, if any, to be picked up by others.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

it definitely exists. most animals have a special organ called the vomeronasal organ that detects pheromones from others of their species. humans dont have that organ, but it's been shown that we can detect pheromones without it. i dont necessarily know if there's a way we can tell someone's horny without overt signs (i.e. obvious signs of arousal or them explicitly telling you), but i wouldn't be surprised.

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

They sell body wash that's supposed to be "pheromone infused" and enhance attraction. I've used it, not sure if it ever made any difference.