1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your dumest reason for getting grounded?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thegaymer, Feb 5, 2013.

1. thegaymer

I got grounded a few days ago for not turning in an essay that wasn't even supposed to be for another two days. That inspired me to make this thread so what is the dumbest reason that you ever got grounded for?

2. castle walls

I have never been grounded but, in high school, a friend of mine (let's call him T) was grounded for something stupid. It was ridiculous. T got the flu and his dad got sick later that week. His dad got upset and grounded T for "getting him sick".

3. Minx

I got grounded for hurling a baseball at the back of one of the neighbord kids. (He was a year older than me at the time.)

He asked for it though. :slight_smile:

Throw like a sissy my ass :dry:

4. djt820

My Dad grounded me for legitimate reasons every time.

5. Divopix

I think I only ever got grounded for telling my parents to fuck off...I've learned my lesson now though! I don't get grounded anymore haha.

6. ForceAndVerve

HAHA good boy! /pat

I've never been grounded. My parents never did the whole grounding thing. The internet was turned off a couple of times though. :icon_sad:

7. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Once my mom locked me outta my house because I was talking on my cellphone and told her I was going in later. I had to sneak into my bedroom by the window my sis opened for me.
    As frustrated as I was most of the time, I can't say it was wrong of her to ground me, well except this time because I was just talking on the phone. I wasn't an easy teenager to deal with.

8. Jordz

My parents didn't ground me, just sent me to my room for like an hour. But I mean I had my TV, games and everything there :lol:

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've never been grounded, ever. My mum's pretty easy going about a lot of things, and I'm not a jackass, lol.

I do remember seeing a youtube video not too long ago of this kid who's an extremely good musician, and his mum was yelling at him in the background, telling him to get a life and stop playing instruments all the time and threatening to punish him. Those are the kinds of things I will never, ever understand. :/

10. caughtbywitness

I've never actually been grounded, but I live in the countryside so there's not many unless I go partying with the livestock.

11. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was fairly well behaved growing up so I was only grounded once for about 10 hours. I got suspended from school for fighting, but once my parents found out I was just defending myself I was un-grounded.

12. leer

I got grounded once for getting stuck under the Christmas tree
    Grounded a few times for starting fights with my step sister .

13. I got grounded for having a B in Math before.

14. knock4times

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i got grounded before for running into a mirror in the dark and breaking it :slight_smile:

15. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents think grounding is pointless. The only thing that they have ever done was take away my phone during dinner so I wouldn't text (When I was obsessed with texting) At the table. but they gave it back after. I don't really give them reasons to ground me. 0.o

16. Jim

Jim

I got grounded to prove a point. Both me and my mum are VERY stubborn, and she threatened me with grounding, so I was like 'sure, do it then' so she did and I got grounded. I basically had the same weekend I usually have haha

17. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

When I was a kid me and my sister thought it would be funny to hide when my dad got home. He thought we were missing and freaked out. We had to write letters on why it's not a good idea to hide from him and we couldn't use electronics for a week.

18. Rivers

I've never actually been grounded, but I have gotten into arguments with my parents over really stupid things (i.e. leaving my socks on the sofa).