1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentines Day. Could use some suggestions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

As we all know that wonderful, over commercialized holiday is approaching. I have no idea what to get for my girlfriend. I have never been good at picking out gifts and I'm at a complete loss. I'm also rather broke this year. I want to do something nice and romantic but I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.

And just to make this thread more fun what is the most romantic/memorable thing someone did for you or got for you on Valentines Day? (Maybe I can get an idea from a story lol)

2. Bree

Some kind of unusual date...does New York have horse carriages?

3. Tiny Catastrophe

Where I live I've never seen anything like that which makes me sad because that sounds cute.

And there's one catch I should have added. I don't actually get to spend Valentines Day with my girlfriend really. I pick her up to take her to an appointment that day but that's it. Her mom won't let her actually spend time with me that day (longgggg story) so I want to give her something that day but I also want to do something special that weekend when I can see her. If that makes sense.

4. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

I've never given a valentines day gift, but I sure am good at giving Christmas gifts.

My cousin has boxer puppies, so I got her a custom portrait of her boxers from etsy.

My mom loves Labrador retrievers, so I got her a chocolate shaped like a lab. A chocolate lab!

My advice is to get something personal. Etsy is a real good gift site for personal things. It can be expensive at times, but you can easily find some decent prices.

5. Rivers

I'm of the old-school view that Valentine's Day is all about roses, poetry, and chocolates. If someone wrote me a heartfelt poem, it would mean a lot more to me than something expensive but impersonal. Maybe you can make a CD anthology of special songs, or something.

Honestly, I have no experience when it comes to relationships.

6. leer

I have never really gone overboard with valentines day as its also my birthday on 14th ''20 this year. anyway last year I gave it more consideration took a guy out for a Chinese meal went well(!)

7. prism

If you're tight on cash, make a gift! In my opinion, a gift that takes a lot of effort means so much more than an expensive night out.

I wasn't really dating this guy, but I knew that he really liked me. For St. Valentine's Day, he loaded an old missile shell with my favorite candy, which was packed in little brown bags and strung together. I have no idea where he got the missile shell, but it was huge and heavy and he biked it all the way to my house.

I now realize how strange that sounds. It was sweet because we're both science nerds and he remembered my favorite candy, which he had to order online.

I've always liked the idea of mix CDs. You can decorate the CD case/cover with memories that you've shared!

8. Renge

Maybe you could make a scrapbook filled with your photo and your girlfriend and you could write something such as a love quotes on it. :slight_smile:

9. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Well I'm of the craftier sort, so of course my boyfriend is getting something I made... It's a tin with "50 Reasons I Love You" inside. Along with a few pictures and of course some candy ;P

10. Tiny Catastrophe

That sounds so cute. I used to be really creative when I was younger but as I've gotten older the creativity seems to have been sucked out of me (hense this thread) lol.