1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School Drama?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaysuss, Feb 5, 2013.

1. jaysuss

Alright so for those who came out during their school years i am wondering what type of drama you had considering yourself. I have been constantly bullied in my life since elementary school but even now it has all come back to even things i was bullied about back in elementary school. The same people are doing the same things while spreading the same rumors. I just don't understand why we are such targets! Gah! I guess I am just looking for others that have dealt with the same stuff so i don't feel alone.

2. Rivers

South Florida is incredibly liberal, and pretty much everyone's cool with the LGBT community, so I haven't been bullied severely.

People in the halls always used to ask me if I'm a guy or a girl, and I had a variety of comebacks I utilized. Now, people recognize me, and know not to screw around with me. Back when I was in the closet, a few girls spread some nasty rumors about me. But after I came out, the bullying kind of stopped. Weird, huh?

3. jaysuss

Haha I wish it would stop it just doesn't. My current thing. People spreading rumors about my new relationship and trying to finish their operation "Fag Cam" on us which is like the Mean Girls style burn book....

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Once. there was a rumor that I was dating this guy, obviously false.
    Since I am pretty well liked at my school, nobody believes rumors about me. So I guess I am lucky.

5. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

I am bullied, but not for my sexual orientation. I guess I'm lucky. People did make gay jokes when I was in middle school, before I even knew my own sexuality. But in high school I've had no problems (besides bullying for my weight)

6. AaronG

AaronG Guest

I get things thrown at me almost everyday. Mostly it's French fries or potato chips (yum lunch lol) it doesn't bother me though, if someone has the balls to come up to my face and insult me then I'll give em hell for it

7. MickiNinaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankfully after about 2 years people have gotten bored of me for the most part. It's never been too bad though since my older sisters were both really popular at this school. And now since they've both gone off to college I've gotten in the right physical condition to stand up for myself :grin:

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

All confidence. When I came out to my friends, my confidence soared. I did come out when I was in like, middle school though. Hinting to my friends that I liked girls, only to find out that my best friend did, too, and my other friends were tolerant. But we'd joke around about gay things and make gay jokes and be open about it.

I wish I could come out to the rest of my school but I already make it obvious enough with rainbow bracelets, guy-ish clothing, and my mannerisms. If people think I'm straight they're either really straight with no comprehension of gay or completely oblivious. With that said, nobody's given me a hard time about it either. I haven't been bullied since middle school and that wasn't even related to my sexuality. But I live in a pretty accepting city.

9. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I live in a small city on the West side of Canada.
    Honestly it's actually extremely easy living here and being out. The only drama I've ever experienced was with one of my ex male friends. I came out to him about being transgender and he lied saying he knew how it felt (cos he thought he was a chick one time!) just to get into my pants. Needless to say I was pissed and never talked to him after that.
    But other than that I know a lot of really open homosexual/lesbian/bisexual people and no one ever bullies them.

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I either distance myself from, or else simply don't get involved with people who perpetuate drama. Not many things annoy me more than juvenile high school drama and the only time I can remember ever having to do with something like it resulted in me being so disinterested in the whole situation that I stopped putting any effort whatsoever into maintaining friendship with a specific person. Predictably she blew up on me for it in the end and I haven't made one attempt to contact her since. She came across as a needlessly dramatic person all around and that's something I don't have any time for.

11. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

No one cares if youre gay at my school. Its totally accepted :slight_smile:

12. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

That sucks. :frowning2:

The few people that know that I am out don't really care. I don't feel it's necessary to tell my whole school. Of course, as I come out to more and more people, the word of mouth will get around. I don't think people will really care, and will have somewhat suspected it.

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2013 at 11:14 PM ----------

That's awful. Ignore them and enjoy your boyfriend :slight_smile:

13. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last year I was forced out of the closet to my entire high school by some of the cheerleaders after they found out about who I was dating at the time. People didn't take too well to that. This year people find it fun to yell stuff in the hallways, push me into lockers, and ask completely inappropriate questions regarding my sex life (or lack thereof). Its doesn't really bother me any more and I now take my lunch every day and eat in the French room, history room, or the study hall room or the band storage room. It works and sometimes my friends join me. Sometimes I'll go down to the lunch room if the morning went smoothly.

14. worriedWardrobe

The only people that have ever bullied me about my sexuality were my two best friends, at the time, but everyone else is kool with it.