1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belated (re)thanks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lexington, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple years ago, I filmed an It Gets Better video. I decided I wanted to film in a variety of locations, starting at my old high school, and ending in front of a big supportive group. I decided to ask a local band if I could co-opt their upcoming concert, and film in front of their fans. They were playing at some small venue in front of a hundred or so people. The band readily agreed to my request. The filming went off smoothly, with me reading my part after the opening band finished. The crowd was great and enthusiastic, and I then introduced the band from the stage.

The band that let me co-opt their concert is named Churchill. They have since signed a major label contract, are touring the country, and enjoying their first hit single "Change".

Belated thanks, again, from the gargoyle. Wishing you guys all the success in the world.

[youtube]Im8zYhFB0JA[/youtube]

Lex

2. Minx

Aww, that's sweet :slight_smile:

3. curlycats

is the video that you made not on YouTube...? i'd love to see it. :slight_smile:

forgive me if there is actually a link to if somewhere that i've missed.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't link to the video because it gives me real name and job, and it's on my YouTube channel. Just assume it's awesome. :slight_smile:

Morrissey cancelled his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel tonight because he didn't want to appear with the cast of Duck Dynasty. The show got Churchill to fill in. :slight_smile:

Lex