1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When and how did you start dating?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunnii, Feb 6, 2013.

1. sunnii

Just curious to see how those who have dated and been in relationships started putting themselves on the market

2. leer

my first date was when I was 17 with a guy called Tim he was 22 we went bowling I kept looking round to see if I knew anyone was on edge all night . in the last few weeks I have had 2 dates with a friend of a friend .

3. DanD

I'm still waiting to find out myself:icon_sad:

4. jadakiss97

I was dating a girl at the time but Istarted talking to her ex boyfriend and ended up breaking up with her to go with him. (Totally breaking girl code ik) but Iwas with her ex for a whole year! (And she was kind of an ass anyway) so that one year was my first official boyfriend (actually going out on dates) and it was very serious. Too serious...its kinda ruined serious relationships for me for a looong time

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Frankly, I'm not sure how I did it (put myself on the market, I mean). :confused:

The first guy I dated asked me out after he came out to me, so I guess just being open about being gay was the secret there.

With the second guy, he posted one of those, "Like if I'm a good friend, comment if we have good memories, poke if you want to go out with me, etc." things on Facebook. I thought he was cute, but I didn't think he liked guys and I didn't want to make things awkward with someone I'd just met, so I didn't poke him. I did, however, copy the status and post it myself. And then he poked me. And that's how it started.

Neither case is a good example of a strategy I would use again with any expectation of it working, so I guess it comes down to putting yourself out there and leaving the rest up to chance.

6. Rawr Ima Bear

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My first was a friend I had a massive crush on in high school. she was the school's top cellist lol. I wrote her this really long valentines note that "won her over", she said xD

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Freshman year (9th grade) in high school. I wasn't planning on starting that young, but it just sort of happened. You can't help if you meet someone.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I actually only just started dating with my first date coming up this Friday.

I met her at the 'afterparty' after pride here last weekend. We exchanged phone numbers, and have been texting nonstop. I asked her if she wanted to go out, and she agreed. I doubt I would've been able to meet somebody and get that close if I hadn't have gone to something gay-related.

I'd assume a lot of relationships could start at lgbt clubs.. pride.. the internet.

9. FruitFly

I didn't make an active decision to place myself in the dating market, it just happened. One day I was just walking about the place, and then before I knew it I was on the market ...

10. Minx

Offline - I was 17, a bi guy friend I met at a library introduced me to a few guys.

It was pretty platonic, no chemistry, just entered a relationship to be in one.

Online - 18 - 21. The long distance was tough, and there were just too many liars, cheats, psychos, and dullards. :slight_smile:

11. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've never started dateing...

12. Kidd

Kidd Guest

The first guy I ever had any legitimate dating experience with I met in my theater class a few years ago (and we're still frenemies to this very day), but I actually found out he had been asking my brother about me, before I knew this guy even existed. Usually, guys approach me. He came up to me and walked me to my car and my classes a lot after theater and one thing led to another.

The guy I'm seeing right now; I left a comment on a picture he uploaded. Just some random shot of his face. I said, "Dat beard. I love your channel too!" Because he streams gameplay and stuff. He said thanks, and then asked when I was going on a date with him, just like that...and then we went on a date that night and we've been hanging out almost every other day since then. It just sort of happened, I guess.

My totally unsolicited advice is, just be authentically yourself. Be open, be honest. It'll happen eventually.

#12 Kidd, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  13. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I have been on 2 'unsaid' dates with 2 different girls. None of us said it was a date... It was probably more of a pre-date! :grin: