1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Circumcised or Uncircumcised

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DeanIsHome, Feb 6, 2013.

?

You're opinion on circumcision

1. I believe circumcision is wrong and should be left to the child until he is older.

32 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. I believe circumcision is right and okay.

19 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. I don't even know what circumcision is.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. I Bellevue circumcision is wrong unless it's done for medical purposes.

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeanIsHome

Is male circumcision a good or bad thing? Do you think it should be left for a man to do it on his own, not left for the parents unless it's for health reasons?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/us/05circumcision.html?_r=0

I personally don't like it because my parent's forced me to get my circumcision even though i didn't need one because they HEARD that it would prevent my urges for masturbation, imagine i was a 13 year old boy who was going through puberty, i kept becoming erect and my stitches would pull on my penis and it hurt so bad like it was ripping, and also i could barely walk around with out crying a bit, but what really sucked was i could not masturbate for 3 months without being in extreme discomfort or slight pain, so i believe if the circumcision does not have to happen parent's should not do it! it should be left for the child to decide when they grow up.

So what's you're guy's opinions on this because i'm trying to stop them from doing it to my little brother on his birthday when he turns 12

Sorry on the poll I accidentally typed Bellevue no believe

#1 DeanIsHome, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Circumcision is utterly evil. I'm glad my parents didn't have it done either to me or my brother.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted "right/okay" but I wish it had not been done to me. I only say it's okay because I have not, per se, suffered for it, (pain inflicted with absolutely no memory might as well never have happened) but I don't feel it does any harm. I just would prefer being different from the crowd really hehe. And I've heard uncircumcised guys might be a bit more feeling down there, what with having their most sensitive parts covered up most of the time.

#3 Argentwing, Feb 6, 2013
  4. Pain

Pain Guest

In essence, I think that it could help a small child with cleaning, but if one teaches them the proper methods and procedures of hygiene, then it's not that cool. Let's be honest-- whether it's in infancy or through beliefs or any other reason, it's genital mutilation.

Some doctors and advocates of circumcision say that infants don't feel it-- that's not the case, as I'm sure they can, but only can't remember. There is no way to measure how much pain a baby is experiencing. Advocates also say that it makes cleaning easier. I think this is feeble-- after all, how difficult is it to move a piece of skin a couple inches, at most? Now, there are cases where a foreskin can be tight-- too tight to slide back-- but there are methods and medications that allow for stretching, so issue neutralized.

Also, I find it quite presumptuous that parents succumb to peer pressure, essentially, when it comes to circumcision. The glans penis is home to several sensitive nerve endings, which are protected by the foreskin. Desensitization naturally occurs when circumcision is practiced; to know, that because of peer pressure, I'm losing potential sexual enjoyment, kinda pisses me off.

One good thing about circumcision: I think circumcised cocks are prettier.

#4 Pain, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

It really doesn't bother me at all until people try to defend their cultural rituals with science and "facts".

If you want to do it because that is your culture or your religion, then go for it, but don't try to sell it for something that it isn't. Its only when people try that bit that I start getting heated.

Also, don't be a hypocrite. I have met people who think circumcision is okay, but piercing a little girl's ears is "Oh, horrible and traumatic for the girl!" xD

6. castle walls

I hope you guys don't mind a female opinion.

I think it is up to the man to decide. After all, it is his penis. I don't plan on having any of my sons circumcised

7. DeanIsHome

We welcome everyone's opinions!

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for helping to end this stupid practice. And no, I don't mind a woman's opinion. (*hug*)

9. Xochipilli

Woohoo! Let boys keep their peepees intact!

10. starfish

So what's the over/under on how many posts until this thread get locked.

11. DeanIsHome

Is this not appropriate? if so i didn't know i wasn't sure if it was bad or not.

12. Eric

It should be left to the individual in question once he's of age, imo. Though to be perfectly honest, it's not an issue that I especially care about.

13. Jonathan

It's appropriate, but most of the time this topic ends up becoming quite heated and has to be locked down by the mods.

Personally, I think that the guy should have the decision whether or not he wants to be circumcised. That being said, I don't consider parents who have their sons circumcised to be some kind of cruel monsters as some people seem to.

Did my parents have me circumcised when I was a baby (and therefore without my consent)? Yes.
    Has not having foreskin played such a critical role in my life? Not in the slightest...

14. DeanIsHome

The only reason i care much is i remember the pain from a few summers ago trying to walk around my room was terrible.

15. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it's perfectly appropriate subject for discussion. If there's a popular thread right now about sexual fantasies, a logical discussion on circumcision is fine.

I voted that it's okay, but only at birth really. That's awful that they did it to you afterwards and you had to suffer through the stitches and healing when you probably needed to touch it the most :icon_wink I'm circumcised and not upset about it, I never have to worry about the hygiene part of foreskin and I have a preference for circumcised penises... not that it's a dealbreaker or even really a part of consideration though.

16. Eric

It's perfectly appropriate. Circumcision is just one of those topics that inspires heated debate, to say the least.

If the o/u was 47.5, I'd be tempted to take the under. Let's all be respectful, please. :slight_smile:

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to start a fight.

18. starfish

This topic comes up every few weeks, and as Jonathan said it gets pretty heated as goes off the rails quickly.

Frankly I've never understood what the big deal is. I'm circumcised and for all intents and purposes, my entire life. I've never known anything different. My penis still works fine. I just wished the rest of my body still worked fine.

If I were to have a son, I don't if I would have him circumcised or not. I'm leaning toward not, as I'm a cheap bastard and wouldn't to pay for the procedure if I didn't have to.

#18 starfish, Feb 6, 2013
  19. TheSeeker

Uh, I was circumcised when I was a baby... My parents weren't real religious back then either, so I am not sure why... But, I can't remember my penis any other way, and I do like my penis! I guess what I am trying to say is do I approve of circumcision? Not sure...

Do I approve of my penis? Why yes!

20. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I don't agree with circumcision on babies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.