1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Things You Still Miss...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by myheartincheck, Feb 6, 2013.

1. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all, so I was thinking about people we miss in particular, but what do you miss in general? It could be anything from your trips to Disneyland as a child and old homemade meals to things you miss about a deceased family member or friend.

I was just thinking about how I miss (we'll call her "C") C's soft curvy body. She was like an adorable pillow when I cuddled up to her. </3

Bittersweet topic, but thought I should post a thread about it if anyone wanted to share those little things they used to love. Please share with me! <3
    :kiss:

2. DeanIsHome

I missed the times my family would all fly together and meet up at my grandmas house in Brisbane Australia having all 30+ of us together with all 15 or so of my cousins lying sardine style on the ground, this was a time before my family nagged me about marriage and girlfriends.

3. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I miss a friend if mine, I practically thought I was in love with him at one point (which is ridiculous now). I just miss our odd friendship.

Also, I miss my friends I had when I was younger, before I moved. We were so close there was nothing left unsaid, and we were stupid goofy beyond belief. No one like that in my life right now :/

And I miss my step-sister and half-brother, we don't get to see each other as much anymore.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I miss having three month long summer vacations, roleplaying with my friends for like six hours and not giving a shit.

Then again, I guess I like having a job and living on my own.

5. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I miss my childhood. I spent too much of it in hatred and running. Then all of a sudden in the course of a few months I go from a scared child to an emancipated adult... I just wish I could have spent more of it enjoying myself.

6. Minx

I miss waiting up for a special someone.

You sit there, patiently. Yet it feels like years before they show up, but when they do... you just instantly smile, because all that waiting was worth it when you see the happiness on their face at the mere glimpse of your presence.

I deeply miss it. :slight_smile:

7. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I miss my ex girlfriend. I miss cuddling with her and talking to her about anything and everything.

I miss family vacations. We haven't been on one since I was 12. I miss spending the weekends at my grandparents' house. I miss fishing with my grandpa. Hell, I just miss my grandpa....and this is going to make me cry :tears:

8. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I miss my grandpa. The way he'd yell at my sister and I for riding our bikes on his lawn and getting into his garden. How he'd call me a jerk (it's a term of endearment in my family). Going for rides to count deer. The stories he used to tell, even though it was always the same ones over and over. That song he used to whistle. It's only been a couple years but I can barely remember it anymore. And so many other things. Wish I could see and talk to him one last time.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awww don't cry! I don't want you to be sad, I just wanted us all to share. :kiss:

Thanks to everyone who has commented so far! (*hug*)

10. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    It's a really good idea and I like it! It's just been a rough day.

11. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope tomorrow is better! (*hug*) Message me if you need to vent! :slight_smile:

12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

The days I spent laying in the grass, watching the clouds with my best friend.

Hooking up game link cables between my friends' and my gameboys, trading Pokemon or playing Four Swords at school. The days when video games were more about the fun rather than the graphics.

I mean, do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America, Australia, UK did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out.

I miss when times were simpler, before social media. Before the pressures of society. Back when my worst concern was beating Ganondorf on my copy of Wind Waker. Not worrying if I'd be alone, if I wouldn't be good enough, my friends, my schoolwork, my future, my job.

I miss my childhood.

13. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^YES! I loved my N64 in the good ol' days! :lol: You have good taste in games too! Windwaker was awesome! :thumbsup:

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I still have it! My baby. I'll play the occasional Mario Kart or Banjo Kazooie. :lol:

Windwaker was my childhood.

15. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was a kid I played Yoshi Story religiously! I loved that game, and ever since I have certain friends address me as Yoshi! :lol:

Mario Kart was pretty awesome too! I loved Rainbow Road or, whatever that one Rainbow level was. It was like being on drugs but for kids. I always loved rainbows I guess. :icon_wink Teehee.

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I love Yoshi's Story! I also played a lotttttt of Yoshi's Island as a kid. Those both games bring so many memories back.

Hehe, yep! Rainbow Road! Especially the trick when you'd drive off the edge in the beginning, and land about 3/4 of the track and beat everyone.

Seems like a lot of things in my childhood had to do with rainbows. Hm. :lol:

17. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awwww you just brought back so many good memories, I remember those days too. They were the freaking best. Ugh I this is soo nostalgic now (*hug*)

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2013 at 10:33 PM ----------

Rainbow Road.. It was like drugs wasnt it? :lol:

18. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    YEAH! I still have that game and my N64! My friend surprised me when she wanted to play it! (she didn't like video games) I always wanted to get Yoshi's Island but was never able to... :frowning2: I had to settle for watching Josh Jepson or whatever his name is on youtube play it LoL I love that guy's voice for some reason.

LoL It really was! :grin:

19. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was addicted to Yoshi's Island on the DS at one point, I never played it on N64.

We played so many games on the N64 though. Ocarina of Time, Mario, Smash Brothers, Banjo Kazooie!!! Then we upgraded to Windwaker, Majora's Mask.. So many amazing games lol. I haven't played games in awhile though :dry: Though I have kept up with all the Zelda games, somehow.

20. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't played Majora's Mask or Banjo Kazookie but I adore those other games. Yoshi is my favorite video game character (thus why everyone calls me Yoshi LoL) but Zelda games are just so epic! I found out Epona is named after the Celtic Goddess of horses too! Twilight Princess may have been my favorite. :grin: