1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When someone does not reply to your message, it means that he doesn't like you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Niqk, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Or that they don't want to be with you? As in you message them now and again, they suspect that you want to pursue a relationship, and just don't reply, even though you already know that they read your message. It kind of hurts me inside.

2. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you mean a text message? If they dont respond call them once and leave a voice mail. If they dont respond dont bother and move on.If by a message like on the internet message them every once in a while and if they dont respond dont bother.There are so many other guys out there for you :slight_smile:

3. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    FB message. You can tell they've read it, but they don't respond... I'm already lonely enough as it is, all the people I know are out and about with their friends now that exams are over, including him, and he doesn't even message me back, which would have made me a little happier about my situation.

I like him, but I just feel so lonely everytime he does this.

4. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're exaggerating, there are plently of reasons as for why someone don't answer you, sometimes it might be because they don't like you, but a lot of times it's due to pure incidental reasons.

5. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He's done it several times before, and just never replied at all. I guess playing Criminal Case or Angry Birds, whatever you call them, was more important at the time. My bad.

---------- Post added 7th Feb 2013 at 10:48 AM ----------

Can anyone help me sort this out? I have no one else to turn to...

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't necessarily mean "I don't like you". But it does mean "don't expect to get much response to the messages you send me". I'd focus on people who DO respond to your messages.

Lex

7. im guilty of this all the time. like even texting i dont reply for a good few hours and mostly days lol and i only really look at my phone before i go to sleep, so thats the best time to have any interation with me lol.

but just because someone doesnt respond doesnt mean they dont like you they could be busy. but if they havent replied to a few messages then i would assume they dont want to talk to you but idk. you cant put your happiness into someone else it has to come from within first, then you can be happy with someone too.

8. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, well we were supposed to hang out sometime, as a date or just friends, but now that I actually suggested a specific time, he either didn't reply because he didn't care / had better things to do or didn't want to hurt my feelings, and didn't reply, which I personally find more hurtful than an honest no.

As for messaging... no one ever seems to notice me, even at home. Why bother other people? He's the first gay person I ever met in my life, who was openly out. If this doesn't work, when am I going to get another chance? At 50? Am I ever?

And all I just wanted to do was just talk, I had nothing else in mind...

9. aeva

If I message somebody on at least 2 separate occasions, and they don't respond, I stop trying. If they really want to talk to me, they'll initiate the conversation. If they don't, that's fine. I think the likelihood of them responding lessens with each time I message without getting an answer.

Lex is totally right, it doesn't mean that he doesn't like you. It just means that responding to your messages is not a top priority. Find somebody that appreciates your time!

10. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's not an option where I live. But I agree about the priority thing. I keep seeing the likelihood of being with him diminishing, along with the possibility of me ever finding someone.

I just find it confusing that someone who keeps moaning about wanting to find his 'special person' has a potential candidate right in front of him, and just doesn't even give me a chance. Perhaps he might be surprised. I'm just worried he thinks I'm going to insist having sex or something, which isn't what I had in mind. But I can't exactly send that in a message. I mean he is very good-looking, but I look past those, I remember that in the few times we talked, he is probably one of the very few, if not the only person who made me smile sincerely, and he kind of made me feel better about myself. And now,I just don't know what to think anymore. Ever since I told him I was gay, I don't know... maybe he just wants someone who is good-looking like him? He did tell me once that appearances weren't everything when it came to relationships... but sometimes I wonder if he really believes that.

11. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Im confused cuz a girl that i like and have a flirty relationship with at school doesnt respond to my texts! We get on great at school but she never texts! Whats up with that??

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure what context this is in. If we're talking about dating sites, sometimes it's because the user hasn't logged in for a long time. I've probably missed like three good opportunities from people when I log in a week late to my account.

13. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not dating sites... we were in the same course class last year, I would help him with the coursework but he did so little he failed and repeated the year, so we're in different classes, so I can't seem him that much anymore :frowning2:

I just feel so depressed about all this.

14. Level75

Speaking from personal experience (as in I've once felt like this about people not responding, I overthink it, then I find out all my suspicions were completely unfounded)...

I'd not jump to any conclusions about this. Maybe your friend is having a rough day and just doesn't feel like talking. Maybe he, in general, just isn't a texter. Maybe you overestimate how much you initiate conversations with him and it is getting a little bothersome. It's not like he outright removed you as a Friend, right?

Like I said, speaking from personal experience, I have to strongly advise you not to jump to any conclusions. Else you might end up have negative impressions of your friend that might simply be not true.

Both of you being attracted to men is a poor basis for compatibility.

15. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You don't understand, we agreed to date before. I just messaged him if he's ok at meeting me on the 14th if he still wanted to, he read the message and didn't reply. How am I supposed to feel about that?

Trust me, he's not having a rough day. I already know where he is and what he is doing right now, because he mentioned it in passing a week ago. I don't think he'll reply back and I don't want to pester him... but it might mean we might not meet up.

And he enjoys texting / messaging etc. :/

16. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Please don't overreact.
    Give him time, sometimes I read messages and just can't find the right answer so I don't answer, sometimes I just don't feel like talking at all.
    I don't want to sound mean, but you're right about not perstering him cause it might cause the opposite reaction and he'll find it bothersome. On the other hand, you don't have to ignore him, try talking to him other time, other day without mentioning about the date and if the conversation is good, get more confidence to ask him out again if that's what you want.
    I hate when people don't answer me but sometime I don't answer people so I can understand. And you can always talk to people from here to not feel so lonely. We're all here for your entertainment :wink:

17. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah but he does it quite often... I guess this is all because I am actually quite ugly. He's probably banged his head on the wall when the guy who showed genuine interest in him, looked like the Hunchback of Notredame. Minus the hunchback.

18. Motov

I think you answered why,..he is a procrastinator, nothing personal to you.
    Some people respond right away, he sounds like the type who just puts things off, and never gets around to doing what needs to be done IMHO

Oops just read a little bit farther, I still think that way and he may need reminders so he doesn't forget, he sounds like a spontaneous person.

#18 Motov, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  19. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's just that he won't reply to this, and if I keep messaging him (which I do around once a week or two weeks) I'll just look needy to him...

20. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Don't put yourself down!!! Beauty is different for everyone. Honestly, if he does it quite often, then he does not sound very considerate. Are you sure you have interest in him, or is it just because h'e fine with you being gay? Or is it because he's beautiful in your eyes?
    Because if it is, don't torture yourself over it. You'll meet new people for sure so don't feel depressed over one single person who doesn't mean a lot for you.
    Have more faith in yourself.