1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Via Facebook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MartyK, Feb 8, 2013.

1. MartyK

MartyK Guest

It's the era of the internet and we do so much via the internet. I was thinking maybe the modern thing is to come out via Facebook.

You know, make your "interested in" status on your profile visible or change it to the truth.
    Any thoughts people?

2. ForceAndVerve

Why not. If your just interested in generally letting all your friends know at once. Family though, I think you should make it a bit more personal.

3. revi

revi Guest

Uh word of advice. When you change the interested in it doesn't post anything so not much people will notice... nobody noticed for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This really depends on your security settings. When one of my friends changed his, it showed up in everybody newsfeeds. I know other people that have changed it and they did not have this happen.

Personally, I came out on facebook after I had come out to the people that I wanted to come out to in person. I just made it a status update (that only certain people could see) and then I changed my settings. I also sent messages to people as well.

So, if your comfortable with doing this, it is a good way to come out. If you make a status update, you have to make sure that people don't think that you were hacked.

5. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might want to take it more personal with family... learned my lesson even though my family was happy to know, they wish I would have told them. But what I would say is make a status update and change your interested in if you want people to know.